Is 2 weeks too soon? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is 2 weeks too soon? Is 2 weeks too soon?

Unread 08-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Is 2 weeks too soon?

Is 2 weeks too soon to see passing stitches? I remember my doctor telling me that I may see them, but I can't remember when she said it would happen. I wish she had all of this info printed out for me to bring home. I remember listening carefully- it must be brain fog from the anesthesia. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Is 2 weeks too soon?

I started to get discharge at the 2 week mark and when I asked my Dr about that, I was told that that is normal and I probably will see stitches coming out. I think they used red stitches because the only thing I sometimes see is red-like specks which doesn't look like blood.
So now that I haven't really answered your question, I hope you don't feel so alone. btw I still am having a lot of discharge and I'm 3.5 weeks out.
Unread 08-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Is 2 weeks too soon?

I was wondering about my stitches to so I googled it and it said: depending on what kind of dissolvable sutures were used they will start dissolving anywhere from 10 days to 8 weeks. So I don't think it is unusual for you to see them already. I had my 6 week exam and he still sees some of my stitches, they are green, I am still off work for 2 more weeks, I guess I got the 8 week ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Is 2 weeks too soon?

I am glad to know this is normal. I just didn't want them to come out before enough healing has taken place for "everthing" to stay together on it's own.

I also remember her telling me that as I become more active over the next couple of weeks that I might have some bleeding. It just seems like if it is healing and staying together like it should, it wouldn't bleed. Not to mention, I just want to be done with all of the bleeding.

Thanks for your responses! I love my sisters!
Unread 08-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Is 2 weeks too soon?

Light pink discharge is normal while your suture line heals. But if you experience heavy bleeding that requires changing a pad every hour call the Dr. or go to the ER. That is what my DR. told me. Yeah I don't want anymore bleeding either and want to be done and over with it. So far I have not experienced any of it, and hope I WONT, but time will tell since I still have stitches that the Dr. can see. I don't think the little bit of bleeding you could experience is coming from it not staying together, I think it comes from where the stitches were. I think when they dissolve there is a spot there that is open from the stitch that could bleed and needs to heal over also. I hope this makes sense. Like if you poke yourself and it bleeds alittle and then scabs over. I hope this helped. Just my opinion on why we can still bleed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register