Question about energy level | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about energy level Question about energy level

Unread 09-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Question about energy level

Hi. I'm new

Just wondering if feeling exhausted and weak sometimes, are part of the healing process. I had Davinci Total hysterectomy on 7 AUG for endometrial cancer. Cancer was only on the surface, so I'm thankful.

My recovery so far, has been pretty good. However, lately, my sleep pattern is off. I stay up until about 3 AM and sleep sporadically. I feel exhausted sometimes as if I'd run a race.

Has anyone else felt like this? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Re: Question about energy level

It's normal to be off like that. I think the fatigue is the hardest part of the healing process. It wouldn't hurt to call your doc. Maybe he/she might want to do labs to make sure you're not anemic.
Unread 09-01-2012, 01:03 PM

I had a TAH on August 9 also for uterine cancer, since surgery my biggest issue has been the exhaustion and not feeling at all like myself... Some days I feel really great pain wise, etc but I am so tired I can barely get off the couch... I told my husband the other evening I was beginning to feel as though my body was no longer my own. At night I can't sleep and in the morning I can't get up. I hope it gets better for us both very soon. Ive been told several times that the fatigue is pretty normal until around 6 months post op
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2012, 07:44 PM

Touch base with your doctor, I was advise to take vitamin supplements and vitamin b & d and I am still taking them.
Unread 09-01-2012, 07:46 PM

It took about two and a half to three months for me to recover anything close to my old energy. My iron, thyroid and hormone levels were tested a month after surgery. I needed to take iron tablets, which I did.
Unread 09-01-2012, 07:47 PM

i had dvh 8/14. In any given day, I can have energy, then after I do something like a short walk or some laundry, i am worn out! I think for the most part, this is normal for alot of women.
Unread 09-01-2012, 08:13 PM

It is definitely normal to feel tired. I was exhausted for a couple months after my first surgery and I'm still a bit tired now.

Its easy to forget that even when we dont have pain, there is still a lot of healing going on which will tap our strength.

I have had a great recovery but I'm still tired at times. My sleep schedule is also still off. It will just take time to resolve.

Hang in there!
Unread 09-02-2012, 12:13 AM

Yes, that's me too. I'm wide awake right now and it's 2 AM. I'll fall asleep between 3 and 5 and wake around 10 or 11 AM. Then, If I'm not exhausted, I'll get up. If I am, I'll just roll around in bed for awhile. I'm supposed to go back to work on 17 SEP. I hope I can get adjusted before then. LOL. Thanks for the support.
Unread 09-02-2012, 12:15 AM

MzBee, I started on my own today, taking a multivitamin and extra D because I was diagnosed with low D before the surgery. Thanks
Unread 09-02-2012, 12:17 AM

Thanks for all of your comments. I feel much more at ease now. I'm sure I just need to be patient. I have been less tired today, but am trying not to do to much around the house when I feel good.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register