Failed Nuuva sure attempt this am | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Failed Nuuva sure attempt this am Failed Nuuva sure attempt this am

Unread 01-15-2004, 12:56 AM
Failed Nuuva sure attempt this am

Hello ladies,
Brief history, I am a 35 year old mom of an 10 year old. My "female" troubles began at 18 and have continued the past 17 years (mostly flooding and cystic pain)
My worst event was passing out at my son's kindergarten graduation (can you say therapy?, poor boy) and taken by ambulance to the hospital and had an emercency D&C. I then experienced bi monthy periods (who knew I wsn't Y2K compliant?) anyway dealt with this the last four years.

Fast forward to the last few weeks, my Gyn suggested an EA, D&C, hysteroscopy and a laproscopy. I had this done this morning. I was feeling excitment that my troubles would soon be over only to awake from anesthesia to hear "failed EA attempt, too much scar tissue, schedule for hysterectomy next few weeks."

I am in shock, sad, mad, confused and give me 10 minutes and another emotion will come.

I was not able to comprehend, but the deal is he wants to remove the uterus and my left ovary (all my cysts are on the left side) because of all the scar tissue in both places.

I am looking for answers of where to go from here for research. any comments suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank you
peace and healing Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2004, 05:06 AM

Hi Sara,

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!! While I'm very sorry that you may be facing surgery, I am glad that you found HS and posted to introduce yourself. You asked where to go to do some research, but I'm not sure if you mean research on what to expect or research on whether there may be any other alternatives for you at this point.

For what to expect, the Pre-Op Hints and the Post-Op Hints are full of great advice that will help you to prepare for your surgery and recovery, as will reading the various posts in the message boards.

HS also has a Resource Directory, and a Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives Forum that you may wish to explore.

And since a hysterectomy is major surgery, it's always wise to seek out at least one more opinion before making your decision.

If you do decide to have surgery, when you have a date, be sure to add your surgery date to your profile so you'll be on the calendar and will receive a special greeting from Hyster Sisters.

I hope you'll continue to read and to post any questions that you may have - we'll do our best to help.

's
Unread 01-15-2004, 07:05 AM

Hi Spiffy86,

In Sept. of 2002 I had the exact same surgery as you did this morning. I had lap, hysteroscopy, ablation and D&C. I, too, had such an enormous amount of scar tissue (a problem I've had for a while) that my insides were literally "stuck". My uterus was so stuck, it wouldn't move or budge at all. My problems were/are heavy, major clotting periods (which have calmed down since the ablation), I have an enlarged uterus, about 2 1/2 size the normal, I have a fibroid tumor about the size of an orange, I have cramps almost all the time, and get terrible lower back ache and have a sciatic problem that I am convinced is due to all this. Aside from the surgery, I've had two ultrasounds, I've been on the incontinence program at my gyn practice since I have developed a problem with that as well. I've tried birth control pills in the early stages of all this that didn't help. I am now back doctoring since November because although the ablation did help my periods, my periods have almost tripled in duration and blood loss since the ablation...although I'm no where near where I was pre-ablation. I am having continuing cramps and lower back ache. My uterus did grow and also my fibroid. I kept a diary for 3 months keeping track of my aches, pains and ailments and when I read it back, I thought...oh my...everyday I have something. I know there are those worse off than me, and for that I'm thankful, but I am a very busy wife/mother and cannot be held back because I don't feel good. I'm ready to get it taken care of permanently. I have a urodynamics test to do yet to see if I need bladder surgery as well, and then I'm going back to schedule my date. My doctor told me in Sept. 2002 that this surgery would hold me over a few years until a hyst was necessary.

I'm very sorry to hear that things didn't go as planned. I'm sure it is quite a shock. It's hard to have your head switch gears when you get all prepared for one thing, only to have it backfire. One thing I can suggest is to read, read, read. I did that, and have learned so much and feel so much better about everything. Your health is important and you need to do what is best for you, whatever that may be.

Keep us posted on your progress and what happens.

Take care,
Erica

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register