clothing question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

clothing question clothing question

Unread 05-08-2004, 11:11 AM
clothing question

I am wondering if I should go out and get some elastic waistband "big" shorts? Most of mine fit snug as I have gained some weight this winter... Will I want to put on shorts with buttons/fitted waistbands? What are others planning on wearing home and for the first few weeks for visitors? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2004, 11:53 AM
clothing question

Hi There,
I'm 4 weeks post op and for first couple weeks only felt comfortable wearing loose fitting pants around the belly. So ran around in pajama bottoms or sweat pants with nice loose elastic around waist band. I found pajama bottoms the most comfortable and wore them around the house continually. Only wore sweat pants when I wanted to "dress up".

You may want to consider your underwear too. Your belly is going to be swollen for awhile, so you may want to get some underwear perhaps a size larger - and get the BIG panties that you can pull up over your waist. I found the bikini or low rise panties were rubbing almost exactly where my incisions were.

Good luck!
Unread 05-08-2004, 12:00 PM
clothing question

I am 1 week post op (hurrah) and am happy I purchased ahead of time:

Large "granny-panties" 2 sizes larger than my own. I got cotton also. I have some nylon ones, but I prefer the cotton, as it feels better next to the incision.

Light cotton drawstring shorts and pants. I purchased these in the lingerie department, but they look almost like regular shorts, pants. Just a very thin piece of elastic on them and/or drawstring. I love them. They have some cute ones with matching tops.

You will want baggy pants/shorts. However, I found that having some new "lounging" lingerie that is colorful and lightweight helps me not to feel like such an invalid. My DH even commented on a few of my outfits, which was major.

You have to remember, you will be in bed a lot, so you want something comfortable, but you will also want something that looks cute and not so pajama-ish !

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2004, 12:33 PM
clothing question

I wore mens jammie bottoms. Old Navy and Kohl's usually have a pretty good selection at reasonable prices.

s
Cat
Unread 05-08-2004, 01:37 PM
clothing question

After my last laparoscopy, I bought very comfy drawstring pj pants. I think that's what I'm going to be living in after my TAH. I also plan to buy similar shorts. I want something baggy and cotton that's not going to rub on my incision.

I also want to leave extra room due to the gas. When I have that bad gas buildup the last thing I want is something pressing on my tummy.

I'm hoping Walmart has some cute shorts.

Tam
Unread 05-08-2004, 02:24 PM
clothing question

Baggy and loose are what you are looking for. I however could not stand the thoughts of pants pressing against my incision so I opted for loose gowns at first. When I went to the DR to have staples removed I wore a jumper. In fact for the past few days, loose jumpers are my choice. Fortunately for me I lost 20 lbs last year so a lot of the clothes I had are now loose.
Unread 05-08-2004, 10:10 PM
clothing question

i had LAVH and i could not wear anything with a zipper, the zipper area is kind of stiff and hurt and tugged my bikini incision. even loose fitting bothered me, stick to elastic waiste or srawstring, i wore drawstring. i think i must have been close to 2 weeks before my incision felt better to wear my clothing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register