I am so depressed! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am so depressed! I am so depressed!

Unread 09-16-2005, 08:34 AM
I am so depressed!

Thats all I can say. I dont know if its surgery related or not.

GA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2005, 08:41 AM
I am so depressed!

Me too!

I've noticed that I'm more tired, I'm grinding my teeth during the day, I have a head ache, my back hurts, and I just feel down.

I'm attributing it to stress.

Forgot to metion -- crying.
Unread 09-16-2005, 08:48 AM
I am so depressed!

Oh, honey, I feel so bad for you. I believe that yes, it is attributed to the surgery. I can tell you my experience. It has been just a year since my surgery. Up until 3 months ago, I would have my good days, and my bad days. I had gained weight and couldn't lose it, was very short with my husband and kids, and my customers, I bartend. I was not sleeping well at night, not a whole lot of energy many days. I was just depressed, not to the point of being scared about the depression, just "blue" alot of the time. The good days, I would be happy that surgery went well, no more pain, bleeding, etc. But....something just seemed to be missing from the way I was before. All it took to help me was a change in my premarin dosage. It was just taking a while for my doctor to get the correct balance for me. I don't know whether you are taking any kind of HRT, but if you are, please talk to your doctor. Well, talk to your doctor even if you aren't. There could be an easy solution, or it could just be taking your body a while to adjust. There is hope....everyone around me has noticed the change in my mood, and I too am finally happy. Good thing too cuz my son is getting married in 2 weeks, and I really wanted to be in a "happy" mood. Not wondering what kind of mood I would be in that day. Good Luck to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2005, 08:54 AM
I am so depressed!

Talk to your dr for sure. Dr and medical assistant can be very helpful. I feel a little blue sometimes also. Wondering a lot of things and know that some/many things are just unknown and have to wait and see.
Unread 09-16-2005, 09:09 AM
I am so depressed!

I'm sorry you are feeling so down. Last summer I got so depressed and kept telling myself to snap out of it and I couldn't. I talked to my family dr. and she didn't think I needed medication. I was glad about that because I don't like to take alot of medicine. Mine magically went away after my granddaughter got home to my daughters after a month with her Daddy. She is only two and I guess I was more worried about her than I thought. At the time I had no idea that was bothering me. How is your recovery going? We had surgery on the same day. I really almost feel normal now, but still get alittle more tired than usual. I hope you feel better soon, but talk to your dr. if you don't feel better in a day or so.. take care
Unread 09-16-2005, 11:38 AM
I am so depressed!

I had TAH-kept ovaries. I am not having any flashes or any of that. I already suffered from insomnia before the surgery so that continues. I got more Lunesta called in--went to get in my copay is $50! Because they want other meds tried first and PROOF that they dont work.--WTH? My kids make my insane within 5 minutes of them being home from school. I am upset with my DBF.----I am ready to calls it quits with him...I just want to run away. I am sleeping most of the day (Til 10 or 11 am anyways).

If I could cry I may feel better.

GA
Unread 09-16-2005, 12:05 PM
I am so depressed!

Oh Ga, I feel for you. I have had depression with irritability on and off for a few years now. After my abdominal hysterectomy on August 1st, I once again was plummeted into depression. I cried alot, yelled at my kids, and my husband basically said if I didn't get a grip on myself that my kids would eventually hate me. I have 4 kids ages 16, 13, 9, and 7. I went to my endocronologist and he prescribed wellbutrin. I have been taking the wellbutrin and I really am starting to feel better. I also take seroquel, which is an anti-psychotic, because I also have bp II disorder. The seroquel totally helps me with anger outbursts and also helps me to sleep everynight. The seroquel has made the most difference than any other drug in my entire life. If I were you I would see a psychiatrist or another doctor that you trust. Maybe a little antidepressant will help. By the way, I also live in Georgia. My area code is 770. Do you live around the Atlanta area? Good luck and I hope things look up for you, Tracy
Unread 09-16-2005, 12:16 PM
I am so depressed!

TDR,
I live about 45 minutes from Atltant. Area code 706. I just called GYN and he is in Stone Mountain at a conference. I also called the pharmacy and my insurance has a $50 copay of Ambien and Lunesta!! So I am gonna get Restoril called in ---its the only thing my insurance will pay and its probably not gonna work---its in a different class as Lunesta.

I probably could use a good antidepressant but most I have tried have the horrible sexual side effect. I always get depressed in fall/winter. Guess its about that time of yr.

GA
Unread 09-16-2005, 12:28 PM
I am so depressed!

Ganurse,
Please see someone about your depression - I had a dear friend who thought that she could handle it and we lost her one terrible day in 2002.
Now in hindsight I see that depression is not to be messed with - please seek counciling ASAP - we want you to be around for a long, long time.
Unread 09-16-2005, 01:30 PM
I am so depressed!

Ga, I also experienced horrible sexual side effects with most antidepressants, including, paxil, zoloft, and prozac. Wellbutrin is one of the antidepressants with hardly any sexual side effects or weight gain....that is one reason why my doctor prescribed it to me....and also to help me quit smoking. So far with wellbutrin, I have had very little side effects...a mild headache the 1st few days and now absolutely no side effects. Depression is the worst, isn't it? Well, I hope the sleep medicine helps you. Good luck, Tracy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register