Aggravated and Too Much Time at Home!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aggravated and Too Much Time at Home!!! Aggravated and Too Much Time at Home!!!

Unread 06-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Re: Aggravated and Too Much Time at Home!!!

I too had this idea that I would be "down" for a few days and would use the rest of my recovery time off to get things done. I really underestimated how much this recovery would take out of me. I'm 2.5 weeks postop, and went to have my hair cut and colored today. You would have thought I'd run the NY marathon. Nothing I had planned on doing is getting done, except scanning old photos. Which is about as strenuous (and important) as polishing your nails. Which I have not done, because who the heck can reach their toes?

Anyway, I've given in to it all. I surf, nap, read, walk, snack, and nap some more. If that's what it takes to recover, well, then that's what it takes. I'm planning on living a life free of pain from now on, so I need to care for my body and heal completely. Maybe it's boring, but it's going to happen right. For once I don't plan to lead the pack. I'm napping my way to success.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2010, 05:52 AM
Re: Aggravated and Too Much Time at Home!!!

LOL, i'm just pure lazy when it comes to my toes -- too much time in one awkward position. pre-op pedicure is still serving me well since i've barely done anything worthy of scuffing a pretty toenail. scanning old photos would be higher on my to-do list right now than shocking pink polish, but if i wanted my toes done, i'd gladly pay!

i have been, however, shaving legs from first shower post-op. talk about critical and self-satisfying -- being stubble-free is more important to me right now than Os, haha!

moxie, no matter what our body type, some of us are simply content to be at home and do less these first couple weeks. i am a highly active and busy mom and woman. i rarely get a break, or enough sleep, day to day. this post-op rest feels SO GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

it's one thing to encourage and inspire, it's another to be a trendsetter assuming others want that same pace. i'm glad you've had it good easing back into an active life after major surgery. i'm also glad for me to be enjoying a couple weeks of peaceful, pressure-free recovery with no agenda (a.k.a. lazy days) even though i haven't had major struggles with preoccupying pain or setbacks. all the better, imho.

to each her own, and wishing you all peace as you recover at whatever speed with whatever action items crossed off your post-op recovery checklist.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register