Post-Op Day 1...NO BLEEDING?!?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-Op Day 1...NO BLEEDING?!?! Post-Op Day 1...NO BLEEDING?!?!

Unread 01-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Post-Op Day 1...NO BLEEDING?!?!

I had a full hysterectomy yesterday(01/12/2011) via da Vinci. I came home today around 11am. I'm having some pain/discomfort, but I'm not bleeding and don't know if I should expect bleeding at some point or am I a lucky one??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Re: Post-Op Day 1...NO BLEEDING?!?!

Frecklestoo

The only bleeding I had was when I did more than I should have the first few days. That was about 3 days after I c ame home, because of course you want to do "stuff". If you have no bleeding good for you. You may start to have some spotting, don't feel funny to call your doctor if it concerns you or if it is more than you expect. Rest as much as you can and let people do things for you.
Unread 01-13-2011, 04:19 PM

I am 12 weeks post total da Vinci hysterectomy and I never had any bleeding. I think our dr.s must have done a great job. We are the lucky ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2011, 04:51 PM

Thank you ladies...I'm not real computer literate...was hoping this site would be more like a chat room. I guess the more I'm on here the better I'll get at navigation. Have y'all experienced any constipation? Not sure what to expect the next couple of days, weeks, months...I'm off work till February 2nd, when I return for light duty. Are y'all back to work?
Unread 01-13-2011, 06:07 PM

I had a TVH and no bleeding afterward. I really chalk it up to having a great doctor.

Take a stool softener everyday until you have a bm (if your doctor allows it). It will help!

I'm a student, but I could have gone back to work at 2 weeks post-op with no problems. Everyone is different, but for me each day was a huge improvement. Best wishes.
Unread 01-13-2011, 06:09 PM

I'm 2 weeks out from my LAVH & BSO. I never had any bleeding post op either. Good for us!
Unread 01-13-2011, 06:11 PM

Constipation is one of the side effects of both the surgery and pain killers. I did not have a bm for 8 days after surgery. I believe around a week is quite normal. If you can try to get off of the pain killers as soon as possible and be sure to drink lots off water and take colace which is a stool softener. Somedays you will feel better then others. Try to walk as much as you can as it helps get things moving again. I don't work but I was able to take my kids to school, go grocery shopping (make sure to have someone lift the items for you if you try this one) and do light housekeeping 5 days post op. Rest when you feel you can. I feel as if I am almost back to normal. Still have days that by 8pm I am ready for bed. Feel free to private message me if you have any questions that I can help you with. Take care!
Unread 01-13-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklestoo View Post
I had a full hysterectomy yesterday(01/12/2011) via da Vinci. I came home today around 11am. I'm having some pain/discomfort, but I'm not bleeding and don't know if I should expect bleeding at some point or am I a lucky one??
I am post 6 weeks had TAH i had no bleeding at all just as you say i had some pain/discomfort but to this day i have not had any bleeding i consider us the luck ones
Unread 01-13-2011, 07:05 PM

I went back to work two weeks post-op and haven't had any problems. With regards to constipation, I avoided it by drinking lots of water, eating lots of fruit, eating high-fiber cereal and taking stool softners three times a day for the first couple of days after surgery. Getting up and walking helps get things moving.
Unread 01-13-2011, 08:45 PM

i too only bled for maybe the first few hours and then mine has stopped and i have not had anymore bleeding i am 24hrs post op and am not bleeding anymore i had an amazing surgeon and she was wonderful other than the gassy feeling and the pain i am doing fairly well

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register