January girls? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

January girls? January girls?

Unread 04-12-2005, 08:05 AM
January girls?

Haven't checked the boards in awhile...just wanted to check in and see how my fellow January pricesses are doing!

I am doing GREAT!! This was definitely the best decision I have ever made. I didn't realize how many problems my uterus was causing (probably because my condition developed slowly over a few years) until I got rid of it. I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. Especially now that the swelly belly is gone. I've had several people tell me, "WOW - you look like a completely different person! You look AMAZING!!" over the past few weeks. Makes me feel so good, because I *FEEL* like a different person and I *FEEL* amazing!!

Hope everyone else has recovered well also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2005, 09:30 AM
January girls?

Hi Suzi & all January sisters!

Ditto to everything you said! Today is my 3 month anniversary and I too feel fantastic - better than I've felt in years!

An added benefit for me during recovery was that I only felt like eating healthy foods, weird huh? I suppose it was my system telling me that's what it needed to heal properly. For me it's been a terrific life style change - and I look and feel great!

With my huge fibroid gone I can now fit into the jeans, skirts and other clothes in my closet I haven't been able to wear for such a long time!

My only regret...why did I wait so long???

Wooohooo!!
Unread 04-12-2005, 11:39 AM
January Sisters

Hi, January Sisters!

I, too, didn't realize how bad things were until it was gone! It really does sneak up on you over time. I'm feeling great. Recovery was fairly smooth and uneventful. I'm looking forward to living a healthier, happier, more energized life.

January was a great time of year to have the surgery. Now it's spring, and there is new life all around us. What a wonderful encouragement from nature to get out and enjoy a new beginning.

Thanks to all of you for your care and support here at Hystersisters. I wouldn't have wanted to go through this without all of you. What a wonderful place!!!

Sending best wishes for a bright and happy future!

Cinderellen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2005, 11:54 AM
January girls?

I feel great for the most part, however still have swelly issues. I am very disappointed about this, as I had no issues prior to surgery. I went in for cyst removal- came out with hyst.

Glad to here you are doing so well.
Unread 04-12-2005, 12:16 PM
January girls?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm sick of swelly belly. I haven't gained weight; in fact I've unintentionally lost a few pounds since the surgery and am down to about 107 pounds, yet still I have to leave my jeans unsnapped most of the time.

I'm also still having discharge, sometimes tinged with blood, after doing anything that involves any type of mildly strenuous activity like sex, vacuuming, riding the mower, and so on. I have an appointment tomorrow to have it checked.

Overall, though, I'm starting to feel better and have noticed, interestingly enough, that I feel better, kinder, more tolerant, and less witchy than I have in many years.
Unread 04-12-2005, 12:25 PM
January girls?

My surgeon kept forgetting I had no symptoms going into surgery and he kept telling me how much better I was going to feel afterwards. NOT!! I mean, I'm doing okay, but just not like before...have never been so aware of bodily functions, and think I have a rectocele or somesuch problem. It is nice, however, to read the posts of women who are finally free of fibroids, heavy periods, anemia, pain, etc...who have a better quality of life after. Here's to you
Unread 04-12-2005, 04:36 PM
January girls?

Hi Sisters, I just want to say that I too am feeling pretty good. I still have trouble with swelly belly. That in itself is frustrating. I have also gained about 5 lbs. Yuck. I am working to get it off but it could have come from quitting smoking. I am still smoke free as of the day before my surgery. Very happy about that. Overall things are good. My energy level is back and my remaining ovary seems to be doing its job. Here's to us all. It's been a long recovery. But its worth it.
Unread 04-12-2005, 05:27 PM
January girls?

I am not as lucky as all of you. I have to go back into surgery tomorrow morning to have the vaginal cuff cauterized. I have a bit of swelly belly and once they fix the existing problem, life should be great.

Jewels
Unread 04-12-2005, 05:56 PM
January girls?

I've been doing great, other than the occasion swelly belly attack. I do not miss those periods and pads one bit! Have lost 10 pounds and hope to keep it off, as I feel this surgery was a wake up call to pursue a healthier lifestyle. My only regret is that I did not (and could not afford to) take enough time off to fully recover--I actually worked at our cafe for six hours one day at the two-week mark and basically resumed full-time work at four weeks. Have had a bit of trouble with sore, swollen breasts and some hormonal outbursts, but hopefully, these problems will work themselves out. Life is good!
Unread 04-12-2005, 06:10 PM
January girls?

Jewels1962, I read your post on the other thread and I know you're dreading tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register