went to pre-op test at hosp today, DIFFERENT procedure scheduled!? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

went to pre-op test at hosp today, DIFFERENT procedure scheduled!? went to pre-op test at hosp today, DIFFERENT procedure scheduled!?

Unread 09-16-2004, 03:51 PM
went to pre-op test at hosp today, DIFFERENT procedure scheduled!?

Dr. said I was getting an ablation, with d&c prior. He also said I could use local, not general.

At hosp. today for pre-op blood work, I'm told it's listed as d&c and hystoscopy, no mention of ablation!

They since added the ablation, but nurse was unable to tell me "why" the hystoscopy is added now in between those two.

AND: anestes. Dr. said no way for a local, only general. So, I pleaded my case for always vomiting forever after general, and he promised to give me extra extra anti-meds and I did believe him.

I"m just frustrated, as biopsy came back ok, but why is hystoscopy now added?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2004, 08:18 PM

The hystoscopy is because they use a hystoscope to view into the uterus for the ablation. As long as they've added the "ablation" that's the key thing.

Good luck
Unread 09-16-2004, 09:40 PM

I understand that to a point, but when he and I talked, in great detail, he said NOTHING, ever about doing this procedure. In the office, he already has done a vaginal ultrasound, said uterus looked fine, no more endo, fibroids, etc. But, when did uterine biopsy, said he "saw something" poked at it, felt it too, didn't know what it was, was sort of puzzled. Biopsy came back ok according to nurse when I called, but she said he hadn't read it yet.

Why it's getting added in now, just has me wondering, is he thinking something more now is going on? And what could it possibly be if ultrasound showed all was clear, "normal" looking, thickness of lining, etc. Strange is all I say!

It's just not going the way he told me it would now. He said Local, not general, now I'm told only general anesth. (which makes me puke like crazy!) He said d&c to get a closer fit with the balloon for the ablation, but now after d&c or before, I'm not sure which order, the hystoscopy, I'm just confused!

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2004, 05:49 AM

Dear kth89:

Here is a website with message boards where the members are all researching and recovering from ablation: http://home.att.net/~endometrial_ablation/

I hope you are able to find the answers soon. I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 09-17-2004, 08:19 AM

I think the hysteroscope is just to "look around" I found it comforting to know they could get a good look during my ablation/D&C/hysterscope. so they can see if there are any problems, suspicious areas, god forbid - cancer.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register