Feeling sorry for myself | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling sorry for myself Feeling sorry for myself

Unread 01-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Feeling sorry for myself

I am 10 days out of LAVH and removal of my one remaining ovary and a grapefruit sized dermoid. (my other ovary was removed years ago with a 6 pound dermoid). i think I am feeling relatively good. Not in much pain, a little bleeding but so tired!

Anyway, I hate not driving and being stuck in the house. My husband has been busy keep our two little ones (age 2 and 4) busy. And i feel awful I can't be out and playing with them. The weather has been so beautiful and I want to go take a walk. But I live on a hill and will never make it back up. I am usually so busy with work, the kids, dog rescue. So I guess I have been feeling a bit mopey. Feeling just blue today. and I am sure this brewing yeast infection (following anti biotics for a uti)

And of course on top I feel guilty feeling sorry for myself. My mom, my sister and one of my best friends have all been diagnosed with breast cancer in the last six months. So I feel bad complaining when I think of the chemo, radiation, and all the obstacles they are facing.

Sigh..........just venting I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Feeling sorry for myself

I am so sorry that you are feeling so down. It is normal to feel closed in but please resist any temptation to do anything. Believe me you will pay for it by being exhausted and in pain. I am 2 day short of 3 weeks and was feeling great. I went out to Target, pushed the grocery cart around and found myself in bed for 2 days in pain.
Don't feel guilty about feeling sorry for yourself as it is very normal. I am so sorry to hear about your family and friends. I work at at school district with mostly women around me and 4 of my friends in the last year have been battling breast cancer. The good news is that it usually is treatable. All my friends are doing pretty good or great. IN THERE. You can always vent here, this is a great site and I am so glad that we both found our way here. Are you having problems sleeping? I seem to be up until 2 every night and than sleeping for only about 1-1/2 waking, going back to sleep. I will be thinking of you...
Unread 01-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Feeling sorry for myself

Luckily i haven't had too much trouble sleeping. i am on the west coast so it is still relatively early for me.

You take it easy too!!!!! Amazing how the smallest tasks wipe us out so easily.

I am going to try for a small outing tomorrow. just need to get out and get some fresh air!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2007, 04:08 AM
Feeling sorry for myself

I have been diagnosed with 2 cancer's in two years. Friends and family alike all have expressed that feeling of not wanting to complain around me because of this. So I'll tell you like I tell them.....we all have problems and down days. Your feelings are just as valid as mine so please don't hestitate to vent and complain away. It actually helps to get the focus off of our cancer issues and on to other things.

It is hard to stay shut in and feel blue when you are used to being busy busy busy. For now though, just take a short walk outside. I would get out of bed every hour or two and go sit in a chair outside. I'd walk around the yard a little, and go right back to bed. I went out a couple of times, never pushed a cart, just walked along side my daughter. It was never worth it, as I had to pay the price the next few days. Just be true to your body....it will always let you know what it needs.

Hope your time passes quickly! Prayers coming your way for Mom, Sis, Friend and You of course!

Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register