Feeling worse today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling worse today Feeling worse today

Unread 09-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Feeling worse today

Had a TVH on Monday, got home Tuesday. Felt really good, slept great, now tonight, I'm not as comfortable. Hate taking all the pain medicine, for fear of the consipation stories. I feel like since I don't have an incision that I should not be feeling alot of pain. Which the pain is more like someone has taken my insides and moved them around. Maybe this is how others have felt. I just felt so good yesterday and not so good today. Just wondered if anyone who had the TVH felt a couple of days after. Thanks for all the support here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2010, 04:32 AM
Re: Feeling worse today

Just because you did not have a large incision does not mean you will be pain free. Like you said you had your insides moved around and some of them removed. If you do not take the pain meds it will be hard for you to heal. You may have had some pain meds still in your system that helped a little to give you the feeling good but eventually the pain will kick in. Please consider taking the meds your Dr prescribed if only for a short time. Also remember not to overdo it.

I will be thinking of you.
Unread 09-16-2010, 05:11 AM

Go ahead and take your script pain pills honey..If you are in pain , you need them , just do like the rest of us do and take some Miralax or senekot , or stool softners...you need to get comfortable so you can rest and heal! HUGS!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2010, 07:32 AM

I agree if you need pain meds take them. I was having a hard time having my first BM after I got home from surgery and took Miralax 1 time and haven't had any problems since and I'm still on my pain meds.

I had a laproscopic hyst with the removal being vaginally and I will tell ya I just got my abdominal stitches out on Tuesday but my biggest problem has been the vaginal soreness and tenderness I told my dr. I felt like I had given birth to King Kong! So I think a vaginally hysterectomy is just as painful as any other. Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon!
Unread 09-16-2010, 07:53 AM

You need to stay ahead of your pain or YOU WILL NOT HEAL!! Believe it or not, you will be off them for the most part very soon. Your body cannot heal and try to fight the pain at the same time, so let the pain meds fight the pain and leave your body to the healing. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

stool softeners helped me,,,still taking them at 3 weeks (just colace) to make sure no straining,,,cuz that hurts
Unread 09-16-2010, 01:17 PM

I had TVH and I was in awful pain ESP when I moved or sat :/ I thought oh I don't need the meds - wrong. Take them eat healthy drink plenty juice and water and stool softeners xxx you will have up and down days all part of healing, most important remember you have loads of internal stitches, my dr told me to remember just because I don't have belly cut dies not mean I have not had major surgery - I have and inside needs to rest and heal and boy if you over do it you will suffer - be kind you have one chance to heal well - you deserve the pain relief and rest xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 09-16-2010, 02:14 PM

Boy what a difference. I took the pain meds every 4 hours and I feel so much better today. I took the stool softeners on a schedule as well and everything is working well. I am so thankful for all of you and I hope that if someone is thinking of doing what I did, they read this and listen to all of you. I feel soooo much better today. Thanks again!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register