Anyone want a laugh at my expense | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone want a laugh at my expense Anyone want a laugh at my expense

Unread 01-07-2004, 04:09 AM
Anyone want a laugh at my expense

Ok me again I live on this site any way does anyone want a laugh,I visited my doc yesterday to ask because my Lupron injection ran out as Iv had an injection every 3 mths for the last 3 mths to take me up to my op date as it was going to be on jan 9th but was over booked so they changed it to the 23rd so I questioned him will the zantac(lupron you call it in America)still be in my system for the remainder 2 wks leading up to surgery as I dont want the flood gates to open, he answereds "zantac""do you have an indegestion problem", I looked strangely at him and said stupidly" no why would you ask me that, "he said" well zantac is an indegestion medication dont you mean zoladex",TO MY HORROR I went bright red and thought O DEAR Iv only been posting on here as zantac you must all think Iv completely lost my marbles.Sorry, I can only blame my mix up of words on the zoladex as its made me so forgetful(forgot my daughters follow up app at the *** for surgery for tonsils and addenoids out ,last week,Im useless,Bye
Hayley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2004, 08:21 AM

Hi Hayley,

I didn't think you had lost your marbles. I thought I had heard of zantac over here, but I figured if one drug had a different name there, others must, too.

What was your doc's response about the ZOLADEX? Did you need another shot?

Nicole
Unread 01-07-2004, 09:48 AM

Hi Hayley

That's funny!! I too just thought that Zantac must be a different drug over there!! You want to talk about getting words mixed up, I have this hang up with "dermatologist" and "gynocologist"!! Don't ask me why, but I don't know how many times I've been talking with someone about a simple skin condition and asked them (even guys) if they've seen a gynacologist!! That one's always good for a laugh. Now I really think before I say one or the other!!
Shelley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2004, 01:55 PM

Don't feel bad -- I told someone that my mother was taking Xanax for her indigestion! Of course, I meant Zantac -- Xanax is an anti-anxiety drug. I guess the person I told thought she must have been really upset over her indigestion!
Unread 01-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Nicole

Nope he just said I would be fine and anyway if I did bleed I wouldnt get anaemic in those 2 weeks and that wasnt my point to him but hes a man so I forgive him I think,my point was I didnt want a .... period,O well at least Iv done everything I possibly can,Im just so full of cold at the mo and just hope it goes soon as my colds go on for 6 weeks normally and I realy want this surgery Im just so syked (cant spell it)up for it now,Take care love Hayley
Unread 01-11-2004, 02:21 PM

Hayley

I am from the UK and I find that soooo funnyyyy, I was reading your post and thinking ehh!!

Hope your surgery goes well, and have plenty of rest during your recovery.

I had my TAH 2 yrs this March and it seems a distant memory to me now, at the time I thought I would never recover, but here I am and feel so great.

Good luck

Jane
xxx
Unread 01-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Jane

Thanks Jane how nice to hear someone who has had the op and feel great,O I love postings like that and nice to know even though a distant memory you still come on here and give us positive comments,I recieved an awful email from a lady who obviously was very messed up mentally from her op and said some awful things about it and how it had affected her and she wanted to save 1 lady a day from this awful op and it sent me off in a spin,so a big thank you for your comments love Hayleyx x x
Unread 01-11-2004, 04:35 PM

hay90,

you are too funny!!

I did the Lupron or "Zantac" if you want to call it that
for three months too! I started with the first injection on the 26th of August, the 26 September, and the 26 October, then I had my surgery on 2 December...there was no problem. I am now almost 6 weeks post op and getting better every day. I am glad I did the injections as it shrunk the tumors almost by half, and the doctor was able to use a horizontal incision as opposed to a vertical one.

Thanks for sharing...and your mind will return shortly.

Best wishes,
AP
Unread 01-12-2004, 05:36 AM

That is real cute!!! I am a nurse and have heard many medication and disease fopars over the years. One of my all time personal favorites is blood cloggs lol. Also, I was reading another thread here and someone posted receiving Latex for fluid retention, which no doubt was meant to be Lasix. That one is a classic!!!
Take care of yourself, thanks for sharing since humor is the best medicine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register