Should I do this? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Should I do this? Should I do this?

Unread 10-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Should I do this?

Have any of you given your doctor/surgeon a gift to thank him for a successful surgery? I was thinking of giving my doctor a small gift of appreciation, for his support and caring nature as well. I don't exactly know what is appropriate though. I don't want it to be too personal of a gift, yet I don't want to be cheap either. Haha! Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Should I do this?

I sent my surgeon flowers. Also sent them to the nurses on the floor at the hospital. And, I continue to send me gyn (she did the TAH surgery) a gift during the holiday season, often a plant that will last a while in her office. I think they really appreciate a token of thanks from their patients.
Unread 10-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Should I do this?

Call his nurse, or receptionists and see if they can sneakily find out what kind of wine he likes, tell them you will call back in X amount of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Should I do this?

I called the office and asked what he likes. He loves chocolate and coffee so I took him about 4 diff bags of candy. He looked happy.
Id call the office.
I know my Dr is also into fishing I thought about a gift certificate but then I just ran out of time.
Unread 10-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Should I do this?

I got a clear bag from the craft store and filled it with a mix of Fall color wrapped Dove Dark Chocolates and Hersheys Milk Chocloate leaves, then tied it up with orange, yellow, and red curling ribbon. It was simple, not over stated but still said a sincere thank you. After we were done with my post op appt. he said, "Anything else?" and I gave it to him saying that I just wanted to give a small token of my appreciation to him and his staff for a job well done. He said, "Wow, what a sweet thing to do! You are a woman after my own heart because I love chocolate. It probably comes from working around women so much!" When the nurse came by to give me my appointment card she said, "We already told him he has to share! He may be thin but he is always grazing on something, most normally it's chocolate." So it felt like the right thing to do...but yet was not to much.
Unread 10-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Should I do this?

Great ideas - I was thinking along the lines of a fruit basket but I like the chocolates - get some for me too.
Unread 10-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Should I do this?

I sent a gift basket of fruit and snacks to the office shared by my surgeon and gyn and their wonderful staff.
Unread 10-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Should I do this?

Ladies - I sent my gyn a gift certificate for dinner at one of his favorite restaurants. (I had asked the receptionist for his favorite.) Also, I stopped by the bakery and gave the girls in his office cookies. They were so excited! Hallie
Unread 10-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Should I do this?

I was actually thinking of doing the same for my dr. DH works for a wholesale wine distributor and we were thinking a nice bottle of wine to take home to share with his wife might be nice. I'm sure our wonderful drs don't hear "thank you" enough and I think a small gift as a token of appreciation would mean so much! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way!
Unread 10-20-2006, 05:15 AM
Should I do this?

Those are all great gifts. I have been bringing donuts or home made chocolate stuff for the staff but for my doc (who is wonderful) I painted her office logo or whatever it is called on a canvas for her since I paint. She loved it so much. It is a set of hands holding a woman. The title is Women helping women. But because she is strong in her faith and owes everything to God she says that those are God's hands! So on the painting I wrote "In God's hands".
That staff has taken such good care of me and I love them adn will miss them when i don't have to go back for awhile. However I will have to stop by and visit on occasion.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register