going crazy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-13-2007, 08:55 PM
going crazy

I had my surgey on Aug 22 and I got an infecrtion, now I have a open wound that will not close. I get it packed twice a day, they are saying around christmas it should be close.I am going crazy dealing with it.. Last week was my sons birthday and the day he died I am having a hard time . anyone have any advice or words of wisdom? has anyone else had to deal with not keeping anything down I had lost 20 pounds since my suregy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 09:02 PM
going crazy

I'm sorry to hear about your son's birthday and anniversary of his death. It's understandable to have difficutly dealing with it, especially on top of trying the heal from surgery and infection. Just know that you are not alone.

I too would go crazy taking care of an open wound. Please take care of it. It will soon heal (although not soon enough) and you won't have to keep up with it anymore.

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.
Unread 11-14-2007, 08:49 AM
going crazy

I am so sorry you are dealing with all this. I can not imagine the pain both emotionally and physically you are in right now. I pray that you find some comfort. You are in my prayers.
Janelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2007, 11:18 AM
going crazy

Hugs for you pancake. This has to be an awfully hard time for you. Sometimes when I am stuck in despair I think well at this time next year.......then think how far past all of this I will be. Then I start thinking of all the things that will be gone or healed by then and imagine how awesome life will be. If it's something little I think well this time next week. But for this surgery I have given myself a year. I have also had complications, plus I know it will take some time and patience to work out the hormone thing.

Hugs,

Starbgirl
Unread 11-14-2007, 11:19 AM
going crazy

I hope you are feeling better. I can only begin to imagine how difficult it must be for you. God bless you.
Unread 11-14-2007, 11:22 AM
going crazy

Sweetsister,
As a person, I give you hugs. As a nurse, I can only think of hyberbaric chamber therapy for wound healing. Don't know if it's an option, but ask your local hospitals if they have one. I've had infections w/wounds that would not close and multiple plastic sugeries to make the hole look better.
Draw near to God is what I suggest. Call friends, family, have anyone near you.
Unread 11-14-2007, 11:29 AM
going crazy

i cant imagine how frustrating this must be. i dont know anything about it to offer you advice. are you diabetic? i'm wondering if thats why its not healing correctly. thats the only thing i can think of.
to you during this difficult time with not feeling well and the anniversary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register