9 days out TAH with painful dancing bowel | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 days out TAH with painful dancing bowel 9 days out TAH with painful dancing bowel

Unread 11-14-2008, 07:31 PM
9 days out TAH with painful dancing bowel

Hi, this is my first post here, although i have been lurking for awhile!
I had my TAH on Nov 5th.
while going in to remove my uterus, the surgeon found that my abdominal muscle was split in two (due to previous surgery for breast reconstruction three years ago) she stitched up that muscle while she was there. in doing so, she grazed my small colon. she said it was very minor and not an actual cut into the colon, she did however stitch a flap over it, just to be sure it was not weakened in the future.
Three days ago, I started having low grade fevers. my bowels seem to be grumbling and moving constantly and after i eat, they start to very painfully contract and i am on my way to the bathroom. I saw the doctor about it on wednesday and she did a blood test, just to be sure it was not something from the nicked bowel. the blood test was low for white blood cells, so she said that was good.
I am just worried and wanting to see if anyone else has experienced any of this rumbling and breakdance movement after surgery? things seems OK, right after surgery and this has just reared up in the past 3 days or so.
sorry to ramble, it's my personality coming out! or maybe it's the drugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2008, 12:09 AM

((Lori))

I'm not sure what's going on but so sorry to hear about the pain. If it keeps up you keep on your doc to figure it out. I do know that since my TAH I can't "hold" it or it hurts (not for bowel or bladder) but otherwise fine.

It could be your body adjusting and settling after the surgery?

Whatever it is, keep an eye on it and listen to your body.

Hugs,
Buzylady
Unread 11-15-2008, 03:09 AM

Hi Lori

So sorry that you are in pain and have a fever :-(

I hate it when I am feeling awful and tests show nothing is wrong, so I am making it up then? I don't think so!

We know our own bodies best, so if this doesn't improve over the weekend I would be banging on the Dr's door on Monday am to let them know because something sure isn't right.

That said, I did have that sort of problem post op if I ate too much or tried anything spicy. Maybe a bland diet of little and often for a couple of days would help.

Hugs

Katy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2008, 09:14 AM

Hi,
my stomach hurt a lot the first 2 weeks post op(TAH) from bowel moving and gas and it still does but less. So may be what you are feeling is just part of the healing process. Keep an eye on it and I hope you feel better soon.

T
Unread 11-15-2008, 12:51 PM

Hi ,
sorry you're having problems.
I have reached my 6 weeks post op and I too had alot of rumbling in the beginning. I still feel them moving around. Try eating smaller meals and drink only water. I get full real easily now and I've lost 13 lbs. I think they move around because they're adjusting to the uterus not being there anymore?
Take care
Unread 11-15-2008, 01:13 PM

If your fever doesn't come down, I would go back to your doctor. I was a rumbler too, but now I am better. I get really nervous when the colon is involved. I had a bowel resection about 13 years ago and can remember feeling food going through my intestines after my surgery. It was weird! It could be part of the healing process, but you should not have a fever!

I hope you start feeling better soon.
Kay
TAH&BSO
ov/ca

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register