I must have jinxed myself! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I must have jinxed myself! I must have jinxed myself!

Unread 10-02-2001, 05:52 PM
I must have jinxed myself!

I'm just two stinkin days away from surgery.........I'm taking medicine so I don't bleed any more and what happens at my last hour of work.......tremendous ovary pain, cramps and some really funky stuff.
I think it's payback cuz I was flaunting "I've had my last period" on the website!

I guess there will be no last minute questions on my mind as to whether this is the right thing or not....unbelievable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2001, 05:59 PM
There are no coincidences

Alison,

Yes, you have been very calm and collected ... but maybe this is no coincidence. More confirmation of your decision, perhaps? Sounds like the Aygestin isn't working so well at this point. So sorry to hear that, but you're almost there. Hang in there. You have been an inspiration to me and I believe you will do just fine ... you are ready.

Please take it easy and post when you can to let us know how you are doing. I'll be thinking about you.

Beth
Unread 10-02-2001, 06:09 PM

Alison - I started my "last" period several days before surgery AND my cramps were BAD. I figured it was Mother Nature's "sense of humor". Hang in there...it gets BETTER.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2001, 06:23 PM

I do know God has a sense of humor....you should meet my husband! (He's great; a real piece of work!)

Beth:

I am ready......this just seals it. No qualms at all. Today may actually just be cause I had to taper down the Aygestin! All this means is tomorrow, my last day home something may have to be given up...lets see shopping , housework, shopping, housework. Shucks, its a no brainer........to the mall!
Unread 10-02-2001, 06:34 PM
You are Great

Alison,

Love your sense of humor. Shopping it is. Buy something wonderful and comfortable to wear in the hospital!

Keep your positive attitude ... it will make a difference. Are you familiar with the saying, "thought creates reality" ?? Keep those good thoughts about your decision and the great outcome you're going to have. I'll look forward to your recovery stories!

Beth
Unread 10-02-2001, 06:58 PM

It seems to be one or the other...the ol' uterus decides to give us a last hurrah, or hides out and pretends everything is just FINE so we get crazy!

It's almost over...hang in there and soon you'll be telling your story!!

Sending big hugs!

Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register