Did you get photos or video of surgery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did you get photos or video of surgery? Did you get photos or video of surgery?

Unread 12-13-2005, 12:18 AM
Did you get photos or video of surgery?

I wanted to see some of the endo/nodules/adhesions/cysts , whatever was in there causing me 30 years of pain and problems! Or have a clear report on the "findings". Did anyone get these? I had lap for endo 2x before and got a video, different surgeon.
I got a brief visit the next day from an asst that I barely remember. I have been in twice for complications, but there is nothing in my file.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2005, 06:04 AM

Videos? Photos? Over here in the UK we don't even get to see our notes or anything. If you have the nerve to ask to see them, they wonder what you are up to and why you want to see them. It's all very hush-hush here, your own notes are top secret even to yourself! One of the nurses was astonished when she was on holiday in the USA and was actually given her X rays to bring home to show her doctor.
Unread 12-13-2005, 07:24 AM

Before my surgery, I asked for photos of my uterus. (For the non-squeamish, click on "my photos" to see it.) I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to see it while it was cut open for pathology, but I was glad to get what I did.

I don't honestly know if they would have taken pictures if I hadn't asked. But it might be worth a call to the doctor to see if they took pictures of your procedure or the removed organs. Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2005, 09:21 AM

I had pictures given to my husband actually after the op. when the DR went out to talk to him about everything. I don't know if this is done all the time or not. My mom had the same dr do her ovaries and she got pics too. You should be able to ask if any were taken or a copy of your medical records may have them if you get that.
Unread 12-13-2005, 04:50 PM

My doc let me have a copy (color and glossy, hooray!) of four pics: My liver, which, by a miracle, is pristine after all that white wine...my appendix (yes Virginia, it really does look like your pinky finger), and one pic of each ovary and tube. She kept the photos of the post-surgical site where my uterus had been before the LSH. They make great conversation starters, LOL!
Unread 12-13-2005, 05:08 PM

Ok, so I'm not the only one. hehe My favorite video for years was the one of laser surgery for endo. zap! zap! Luckily I discovered Toy Story about the time the endo started to re-appear. I didn't think to even ask about photos.
Unread 12-13-2005, 05:13 PM

[quote=km_wish_star]Ok, so I'm not the only one. hehe My favorite video for years was the one of laser surgery for endo. zap! zap! Luckily I discovered Toy Story about the time the endo started to re-appear. I didn't think to even ask about photos.QUOTE]

You always make me laugh. I love it.

One of the worst things my H did was tape scooby-doo over my endo video!
Unread 12-13-2005, 05:14 PM

My doc and I had discussed the photos and he was planning on taking them, I wanted to see how something SO SMALL (my uterus was the size of a walnut) could cause so many problems.

Right as they were getting ready to close and take the pictures, I crashed and crashed hard, and the thought of taking pictures flew right out of everyone's head. My doctor later apologized for that, and I told him I was just grateful he kept me alive!

It would have been cool to see what it looked like though - I am one of those gory people that loves Discovery Health Channel though. LOL Don't do it if you are squeamish!

s
Nikki
Unread 12-13-2005, 06:44 PM

I was given a video, watched it after a couple of days. May sound weird but it was really cool seeing what went on in there.
Unread 12-13-2005, 08:49 PM
UTERUS IS HUGE! Film at eleven!

Mr Dr. gave me copies of photos of my uterus, tubes, ovaries. One of it sticking out of my abdomen-before she actually removed it--and one after with the uterus cut in half to see the fibroids inside of it. My dr. wanted me to see just how large the silly thing was(400gms. NOT including the 2 huge fibroids hanging off the sides!) --I guess since it took her 2 years to talk me into getting rid of it. Normally I'm very queasy when it comes to that stuff but I have taken the picture out a few times to look at it. Amazing stuff.

I LOVE these new smilies! Thanks!
--very good advice!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register