Does everyone go through this? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does everyone go through this? Does everyone go through this?

Unread 12-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Does everyone go through this?

Hi,

I was wondering about being Soooo very tired most of the time..the least thing just wears me out, like walking down stairs and getting laundry going, and back up again I have to sit down awhile before I do anything else...or sweeping and cleaning or cooking having to sit and rest a minute..and having lots of trouble sleeping at all. I rarely even want to go to the mall.
and for me thats a big deal!!.
Or do anything I just want to stay home and lay around
Is this just me??? Or is this normal for what We are going through?
I am waiting for My Doctors office to schedule
My TAH BSO , with prolapsed Uterus,
large ovarian cystic /tumor, heavy bleeding, Anemia
and pain, Sometime In January.
Thank yall for all the wonderful posts!
Yall have already given me alot of comfort with your sharing!
Elaine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2006, 09:52 PM

I'm not that tired, but I am often pretty darned tired. The other day, I hurt enough I called into work. I thought it would get better (it often does) so I could go in. I fell back asleep until 11 a.m! Then later that afternoon I was going to just stretch a bit on the floor. I fell asleep for three more hours. And I went to bed at my regular time. That was crazy. No idea why I was so tired. I was better the next day but was ready for bed by 9 pm. It varies. I don't know if this is due to my hormones or what. Sometimes I feel fine. It's wierd.
Unread 12-03-2006, 10:03 PM

It's perfectly normal. Remember, your body knows something is wrong and is marshalling its own forces to combat the problem. This takes energy. If you're also in pain, this too saps energy out of you. Then, of course, you have the emotional factors to mess with you and keep your brain from shutting down for a long sleep. Hence, insomnia. This is all before we consider hormonal imbalances! LOL!

Don't worry, dear Sisters.

Lena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2006, 04:50 AM

Your fatigue sounds like classic anemia. That's how I felt for a long time. You might want to ask your doctor if you should be taking iron. I hope they can schedule you soon. Waiting when you feel this bad is really hard.
Unread 12-04-2006, 05:55 AM

I agree with Jenny, you have all the signs of anemea.
When did you have your last blood count done? What was it?
Did they check your iron store level as well?
My store got so low my doc said I could take a whole bottle of iron tablets and it wouldn't make an ounce of difference. I have had to have 2 units of blood and iron infusions to get my blood count up. I had a Novasure done to cut my bleeding down with my periods.
If your count is too low ask them if you could get an iron infusion to get you to your surgery date?
Just my penny's worth.
Happy thoughts
Stephanie
Unread 12-04-2006, 06:27 AM

With all that is going on inside no wonder there is no energy left for laundry...I was always wiped out and had no motivation to get anything done. Making something to eat was a mountain some days.

I don't know how I managed to get through a day at work, must have been sheer determination.

I was also put on iron for the anemia - and of course the surgery - all has changed how I even look where people are commenting on it - it is amazing at how much of a difference having a good healthy blood supply changes everything.

Let us know when you get your date
Unread 12-04-2006, 02:04 PM

Since March of this year I have found myself doing less and less. I just don't have the stamina I used too. Standing and cooking Thanksgiving just about did me in! Fortunately we went to someone's house to eat and the hostess has gone through this before and she waited on me hand and foot while I was there and refused to listen to my protests because she knew how I was feeling.

In addition to working full time I'm also taking college classes and on the night I have class I'm about to drop when I walk in the door and have a really hard time getting out of bed the next morning.

I keep telling myself that in just x more days I'll be able to catch up and rest and will be good as new when it's time to return to work.

Unread 12-04-2006, 02:42 PM
thanks !

Thanks ladies for your response!
It has helped me alot! I am going to talk to my dr . about the tiredness and see what he says..Hopefully they will call with my surgery date soon ! I'll keep yall posted ! Thanks again!
Elaine
Unread 12-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Finally have a surgery Date!

Pr-op is Jan 10 th and surgery is on January
16th , i have be at the hospital at 12 :30.
Long time while getting to eat! I know my tummy
will sound like a bunch lions growling!
I talked to one of the nurses about being tired,
the Dr. said to take supplements... ( my Primary care )
I'm gonna call the Gyn Tomorrow and see what he says!
I guess other then that all I can do is wait and go bonkers!

I hope all of you are doing well!
Take care!
Elaine
Unread 12-05-2006, 06:30 PM

My boss took pregnancy vitamins even, but it didn't help. But she plunged to like a 5 on the anemic scale. (bled for 6 months before going to a doctor). I will never know how she came to work everyday with that level. Ever.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register