Spotting and not sure why | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Spotting and not sure why Spotting and not sure why

Unread 01-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Spotting and not sure why

I am 5 weeks today post op. I lifted a pot yesterday and started spotting with in minutes, not a lot, but today the bleeding is worse. The doctors office said the bleeding had to be enough to fill a pad or 2 in an hour. I hate feeling like i can't do anything! I really am trying not to overdo it! Any one else have similiar problems at this stage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Re: Spotting and not sure why

I had spotting here and there, once when I sneezed really hard and passed a stitch and then some blood. If you no longer have your cervix this is about the time you would be passing stitches. If you bleed a lot or it keeps up I would call your doctor.
Unread 01-20-2012, 07:27 PM

I'm at seven weeks today and I woke up to bleeding when I went to the bathroom. I called my doctor and they saw me today. He said that I had some bleeding along my suture line in my vaginal cuff and he put silver nitrate on it. The bleeding has stopped, hopefully for good. He said that it happens sometimes and I shouldn't worry. Easier said than done!
I'm taking it easier again and laying on the couch this evening. I would call again on Monday if you're still bleeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2012, 09:08 PM

Thank you ladies! I did call my doctors office and the on-call doctor said it was most likely from my stiches. She told me not worry too much but if I was still worried tomorrow she had office hours and would see me. I feel like I am overreacting! But oh well I'm entitled to a bit of drama!!
Unread 01-20-2012, 09:11 PM

I've been spotting non-stop and I am 5 weeks today also. If I do anything, or when I get up out of bed in the am, everytime I wipe I see blood-bright red. My Dr. said my vaginal cuff stitches were 100% there still-but he used some type of extra strength suture thread.

I know for me it's more of a disappointment to feel any cramps or see any blood or spotting, etc. as I hoped to be panty liner and pad free by now-hang in there!
Unread 01-20-2012, 09:20 PM

My doctor said that he used extra strength suture thread too and that's why I'm bleeding this late but it sure is annoying. I thought I would be able to give away the rest of my pads but I'm almost to the point where I'll have to buy more.
I cried at the dinner table tonight because I feel like I took a giant step backwards today so I had a bit of drama too....my poor husband and son! Of course, I lost my ovaries too and I'm on a medication for my breast cancer that supresses my estrogen even more so I guess being emotional is to be expected at times.
I'm hoping and praying that all of us will be better soon!
Unread 01-20-2012, 11:16 PM

Oh, I am glad you posted that these extra durable sutures are causing that-I just mentioned it and he said it was ok and we went on to my other numerous issues.

Of your crying: you are so entitled too-you are dealing with this and breast cancer. Please be gentle with yourself.

I think all doctors need to stop telling any ladies that we will be recovered in 2 weeks, 6 weeks, anything-we are all individuals and as we all see on here we all experience set backs and recover so differently.

Here's to us all-take all the time we all need and be good to yourself!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register