6 weeks post hysterectomy. afraid to have sex. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks post hysterectomy.    afraid to have sex. 6 weeks post hysterectomy. afraid to have sex.

Unread 05-14-2015, 09:42 AM
6 weeks post hysterectomy. afraid to have sex.

Im really worried about having sex. I need advice please!! What position doesn't make you hurt? To use lube or not?? Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2015, 09:43 AM
Re: 6 wks post op. afraid to have sex.

Forgot to say I went to my 6 wks checkup a couple days ago and got the go ahead on intercourse. I go back to work on Monday.
Unread 05-14-2015, 09:53 AM

I was given the OK but waited until 8 wks because I was nervous. I had no pain and did use lube, which I'd suggest, just in case. Experiences vary, but some ladies find they don't feel quite ready the 1st time, but wait and try later. Just go slow and stop if needed. It may not be perfect to start, for me it took time to feel normal again (but no pain).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2015, 09:56 AM

I havent tried either but am terrified..Part of me watches something on TV and thinks "lets just go ahead" and then part of me looks at my belly and goes "heck no, not yet"..I dont want to end up in the ER...I have been reading older threads on this board and someone suggested using cervical dilators or vibrators to "practice" opening up those muscles again so it becomes easier with time..

I am curious to know where I can buy these dilator things..not vibrators or "rabbits" which come with all these extra features I care little for like bumps and ridges, batteries, etc..but actual dilators in varying sizes that can assist with self-exploration until one feels ready to do the full intercourse thing???

anyone know?
Unread 05-14-2015, 09:57 AM

Thank you. I'm just nervous cause of fear of pain. It's all in my head I'm sure. I just need to do it and it will be ok.
Unread 05-14-2015, 11:43 AM
6 weeks post hysterectomy. afraid to have sex.

I was given the ok at 6 weeks and went ahead and tried. I have to say that most of my pain had gone by then too. I had read that woman on top position was best because you have more control but I found that this pulled on my abdominal muscles too much. Instead we tried normal missionary position and my bf was careful and gentle. The first time I was pretty tense and found it hard to relax but it was actually less painful than before surgery. I didn't have any bleeding afterwards and the only pain that I could feel after was just friction pain after not doing it for weeks. Each time we tried it got easier and it was no where near as bad as I had expected. I think once I was ready to try and it all went well psychologically I felt so much better and felt like the whole hysterectomy thing was behind me. Hope that it all goes well for you
Unread 05-14-2015, 03:12 PM

Six weeks also here. We resumed intercourse this week and we were both nervous. Being on top worked well and I was thrilled to see that everything works just the way it used to. There were a few "strange" sensations but I am not sure if that was because I was looking for any strange feeling. Certainly use lube if needed but as I said for us nothing changed except I did not wake up spotting the next day.

Teresa
Unread 05-14-2015, 03:53 PM

My husband and I had intercourse a few weeks ago, after being cleared by my surgeon. I was at week 8 post-op. We took it slow, used lots of lubrication, and all went well! There wasn't anything strange about it, other than we were both pretty tense about it until we knew nothing was going to tear, hurt, feel weird, etc. I was even able to orgasm, and it felt no different. My husband says nothing feels any different to him, too. I was terrified, based on some of the scary stories told on here, but everything was good! Hope this helps others who are apprehensive about having sex after the hysterectomy.
Unread 05-14-2015, 03:59 PM

I must admit this is something that It's totally worrying me and I'm not even there yet. I haven't been able to hardly have any sex in the last year due to excessive bleeding and I miss my husband terribly in that way, but I am totally terrified of it. Seems silly, but I feel really scared about it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register