Overwhelmed-Post Op, Mini Period, Ovarian Cysts and STUMP... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Overwhelmed-Post Op, Mini Period, Ovarian Cysts and STUMP... Overwhelmed-Post Op, Mini Period, Ovarian Cysts and STUMP...

Unread 06-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Overwhelmed-Post Op, Mini Period, Ovarian Cysts and STUMP...

Hi Sisters,

Need a little bit of your love and support today, planning on going back to work this weekend and I was recovering pretty well despite getting a mini period week 2 post op that knocked me off my feet again. Was gaining strength then this week, I had ovarian cyst pain that started on Sunday. Before surgery, I was getting them monthly and they were excruciating but at least they were short. I am on day 3-4 of this current pain. I am tired and I am worn out. Swelly Belly is back and Fibro kicked in with a vengeance.

Plus, I got my pathology reports back yesterday and they weren't so good. Looks like I had a STUMP or borderline to (Smooth Muscle Tumor of Unknown Malignant Potential). There is also an area with a big question mark on because they couldn't get a good sample due to morcellation.

I go to the doctors tomorrow, and I am not sure what she is going to say. I have a feeling that she may want to take the cervix that I fought to keep. Maybe an ovary. Has anyone had to go back in for surgery or been diagnosed with STUMP?

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer, I am so not that type. I am usually the zen warrior.

Sincerely,
Running On Less Than Empty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2016, 04:24 PM
Re: Overwhelmed-Post Op, Mini Period, Ovarian Cysts and STUMP...

Sister!!!

First of all, please take a deep breath. You have been through alot with the major surgery and with all the healing afterwards. Unfortunately, situations arise that set off alarm bells and it truly gets our minds to going. Right now there isn't anything you can do about it. Take care of you right now. Take any pain relievers. Ice your tummy as 24/7 as you can. Rest and try to sleep.

When you get to the doctor's office for any additional information they are going to have, then you will know exactly what you are facing.

You can also visit our recovery thread here: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=634633 The other sisters have been GREAT with support. Please visit! Keep those positive thoughts. You are not alone!
Unread 06-22-2016, 05:02 PM

with Lisa - she couldn't have said it better. I only wish I had some advice or words of comfort or wisdom.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2016, 08:06 AM

(((kairla))) I don't have any experience with this specific diagnosis, but we have had some ladies over on our Cancer Concerns forum who have. If you go to that forum and do a search for STUMP, you'll find previous discussions and information which might be helpful.

For now, please, please try not to worry so very much. You'll know more after your appointment tomorrow and will make a plan moving forward. Oh, and don't over-google, especially since you don't know exactly what your situation is at this point.

Sending hugs and all good thoughts your way, dear (((sister))). You can do this . . . one step at a time!
Unread 06-24-2016, 04:24 PM

Hi Ladies,
Thank you for giving me a place to go while I was down in the dumps the other day. My GYN gave me good news in that if I don't have any symptoms and the fibroid doesn't regrow, I only need to monitor and have yearly paps. No more surgery needed!
On a good note, I returned to work today and everyone was very happy to see me and I was missed.
In only true Irish fashion, when I was leaving work, I fell in the parking lot and busted my ankle!!!! I have to laugh at this point....it's just too absurd not to! Please send your prayers/thoughts that its just a sprain!
Unread 06-24-2016, 04:51 PM

Hooray for no more surgery!!! We'll definitely keep our fingers crossed your ankle is "just" a sprain!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register