God bless and good luck to all my hystersisters having surgery on 9/21/2004 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

God bless and good luck to all my hystersisters having surgery on 9/21/2004 God bless and good luck to all my hystersisters having surgery on 9/21/2004

Unread 09-16-2004, 10:18 PM
God bless and good luck to all my hystersisters having surgery on 9/21/2004

I am having my surgery on 9/21, if it is not changed due to another hurricane coming!.
I just wanted to wish you all a safe surgery and a fast and speedy recovery.
Here's to feeling better real soon.
Fran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2004, 11:27 PM

Hi Honeybee,

I go for my op on the 21st and have alsorts of mixed emotions, but I am coping quite well. Hope you have an excellent op and speedy recovery, see ya on the better side.

's

Suze
Unread 09-17-2004, 02:50 AM
Clear liquids only?

Hi Honeybee and all the other soon to be princesses!

I will be in for mine on the 21st too! I am having LSH and expect to be home by bedtime if all goes well. I am just starting to wonder about my "clear liquids only" diet for Monday. Gosh I hope I don't forget and pop a Crispy Creme in my mouth at the office.
Does anyone have a list of "clear liquids"? Plain chicken broth, coffee/no milk, it is going to be a long day.
Good luck on your special day!

Yetagain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2004, 04:31 AM

((( Fran )))

I hope your surgery doesn't have to be postponed because of any more hurricanes, although I saw last night that there's one behind Jeanne!! We live in Kissimmee and are still dealing with damage to our home from Charley and Frances, and I can't imagine another one!! I hope your home is OK?

((( yetagain )))

You might want to call your doctor's office for a list, but I believe that jello, gatorade, popsicles, tea, etc. all are fine.

((( suze )))

I'm glad that you are doing alright.

You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers for successful and uneventful surgeries and recoveries.

S
Unread 09-17-2004, 06:00 AM

Hi,

I'm going in on the 21st, too. TAH, so I expect to be in until that Friday (yuck!). I'm going in for pre-op tests this morning. The last I've heard, I just have to stop eating and drinking at midnight on Monday, but may learn more at the hospital this morning.

I, too, hope another hurricane doesn't interfere with your surgery, Honeybee.

I'll be thinking of all you on the 21st! Best wishes.

Part of me still doesn't believe I'm going to walk in there on Tuesday...

Margaret
Unread 09-17-2004, 04:56 PM
worried

My Dr called today, my blood work showed my white blood cell count is abnormal? i have to have my blood work done all over again early monday and have a complete work up on my liver functions.
Just recently diagnosed with NASH.(enlarged fatty Liver)
He will call me Monday night and let me know if we can go ahead with the surgery. I thought only a hurricane was going to stop me from having the surgery. Now i am really scared.
Keep me in your prayers as i will do the same for all of you.
Fran
Unread 09-17-2004, 05:39 PM

Fran,

That is so dreary. It wouldn't be good to have the surgery if the doctor thinks it wouldn't be safe. But on top of the mixed feelings we all have about Tuesday, you also have to wonder if it's going to happen at all, or if you'll have to go through the waiting period all over again. I'm really sorry, and hope that everything is cleared up on Monday.
Unread 09-17-2004, 10:49 PM

Fran,

I will hope and pray that your bloods are better and your surgery is not cancelled.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Suze
Unread 09-18-2004, 05:23 AM

Prayers for all our LIW sisters going for surgery on the 21st...you go girls....prayers for your blood count to be back to normal for you Fran....I know our doctors are looking out ofr our best interests, but to have it postponed after you've done the waiting is truely hard to imagine.

luv & hugs,

Mich

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register