LAVH 4 wks post-op...lots of ?'s | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 wks post-op...lots of ?'s 4 wks post-op...lots of ?'s

Unread 01-17-2012, 07:10 AM
4 wks post-op...lots of ?'s

Hello ladies,

I had my surgery on December 19, so that puts me at 4 weeks. I think things have gone pretty well, I'm sore still, slightly, I had an infection, that's finally gone, and now it's just waiting to be cleared for sex in two weeks! We are counting down the days! I might even make a countdown thing for the hubby. Lol

Anywho, last week, I had the most severe hip pain of my life. I did a lot of research about hip pain after and found a lot of info. I couldnt put weight on my left hip and could barely walk on my right. So I was pretty much stuck to the couch on a heating pad.
Dr said see a chiropractor, should help with the pain, it's more than likely due to posistioning. I thought since I have an incline/hang upside down contraption, that I could use that. Boy oh boy did that help!!! I hung there upside down, felt my hips stretching, not painful, but stretching, my insides wiggled around some, and when I got up, I felt great! No hip pain! Also, my pain before a bowl movement was gone too! So I am thinking hanging upside down was a good idea! Haha

Okay, so, here are the questions. Hubby and I have been trying to play, external play of course. I am having really strange orgasms. I am not complaining, just really curious. They seem to be less intense, but more frequent, very very touchy! Lol and I have never been "touchy" I'm a work at it for a while type of girl. Also, if my clit is stimulated, sometimes I leak liquid. Not sure if it's urine or not. I have had G spot orgasms and actually ejaculated, but this is clitoral, so it's weird to me!! I just can't tell if I am peeing from the weird stimulation or just perhaps ejaculating?

Another question, seeing as I have no cervix, am I more susceptible to getting vaginal infections?

With ovaries still, will I ovulate? Will I cramp from it?

Can my Endo come back? If it does what's the next step???

Thank you ladies, you have been my go to for this entire process!! Love my Sisters!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Re: 4 wks post-op...lots of ?'s

Another question, just remembered,

When I went to the dr for 1 week post op, he told me the path report was good, and I'm fine, see yah in a week. It was a very long path report, and I was just curious of everything on it. He said I had Endo, and Ademosis? Or however you spell it. But I saw bowel, and several other things. Am I allowed to request this report so I can see everything? I don't like the idea of him just hurrying along to get me out of the office. He tends to do that. I am very pushy when it comes to my care by drs. I don't want to have them miss something or not look for something all together. I very rarely go to the dr unless I have something wrong or for my paps, and gyno issues. So it just made me feel like he just didn't want me to see the report. He has been inside of my belly numerous times, so anything that could have possible been caused by him in the past, or durring any other surgeries may be on that report? I dunno, just want to know if I have rights to
Those reports.
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:35 AM

My doc gave me a copy of the path report. Very interesting stuff. I had adenomyosis as well. Not sure about the rest of your questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2012, 08:14 AM

Marierob, yes you have every right to those reports. I have worked in Medical Records for 20 years. All you need to do is sign a release of records form at your Drs. office and they should copy these for you. Just fill it out and put what you are wanting copies of. There may be a small fee for them copying them for you as well. Blessed recovery for you!!!
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:18 AM
4 wks post-op...lots of ?'s

Thank you very much for the replies.

I would really like to just go sit in the office and go through my file. I have had 4 children by c-section, and also had 3-4 surgeries to clean out endo, annnnd, lots of different birth control methods to control bleeding. The IUD having been the only real working bc. But it didnt last. Bled or a year, and then stopped for 6 months and started back up with a vengeance. I really want to read everything! Lol I hope I can talk to them and get my reports easily. =) thank you again!
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:47 AM

From what my MD said, the endo can come back if you have ovaries/an ovary because the endo is estrogen driven. As far as next step, I guess that would have to be discussed with your MD. Adenomyosis is endo in the uterine wall, per my MD. He said it is only diagnosed by pathology, not by visual exam during surgery. I try to get copies of my significant records and keep in a binder so I can take w/ me to whatever MD I may be seeing. Those that are in the same health care system can see via the computer but not all of mine are in same system and don't have access to all my records.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register