Leaky bladder gone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Leaky bladder gone? Leaky bladder gone?

Unread 09-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Leaky bladder gone?

For the past 4 or 5 years prior to surgery, I suffered from a leaky bladder. You know the one where you try to jump up at your DS soccer game and cheer and nex thing you know you have peed your pants, or went to exercise class and couldnt do jumping jacks for fear of the same if you didnt have on a pair of depends Anyways,,,I know that I have not been jumping around alot since surgery, but I have gone to quite a few soccer games and have and have not experienced such embarrasement. I was wondering,,,,has anyone else noticed such a change,,,or do you think I am just not quite active enough yet to really know? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated, as I am waiting for my next check up to see if the doctor feels the same way. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Re: Leaky bladder gone?

My leaky bladder is still here. If not worse since my hysterectomy. I really think its because you are not active yet. Mine did the same thing. False hope. sorry I wish i was wrong.
Unread 09-28-2010, 12:56 PM

My problem was actually the complete opposite. I had to strain to empty my bladder. Oh sure, I'd have the occasional "sneeze and squirt", but I think that was because my bladder was never really empty. Seriously, I'd sit down to urinate and I'd strain so hard that I was always worried about giving myself a stroke or a heart attack or something, and then I'd still have to go again in no time. Now since my partial hysterectomy wherein I got rid of what my doctor called 'an alien love child' (uterus filled to bursting with fibroids, with a giant fibroid sitting on the outside of my uterus) I can just sit down and voila! it all just comes flowing out as easy and nice as you please. No more "sneeze and squirts" either. Before, I was forever going to the bathroom, now I'm going much MUCH less every day since each time now my bladder is completely emptied. This wasn't something I expected after my surgery, but it sure was a welcome surprise!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2010, 02:08 PM

I wish mine was gone! It's significantly worse since the hysterectomy. I had a urodynamic test and a cystoscopy today, because I'm wetting through 4-5 ultimate absorbency Poise pads each day, and getting up to pee 3-4 times in 7 hours. Came up with some answers, so now I will try medication to see if it does the trick. If not - well, more surgery. Hoping the meds will do it. The last thing I need is to have an overflow accident in front of a classroom full of kids!
Unread 09-28-2010, 02:59 PM

I feel the same way. For the last ten years I have always had to be careful sneezing etc, and now that problem seems to be gone. I never realised before surgery that this could be related to my huge uterus, but now it seems so logical. Wonderful side effect!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register