dVH/RALH post daVinci hysterectomy pain: Is it all in my head? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post daVinci hysterectomy pain: Is it all in my head? post daVinci hysterectomy pain: Is it all in my head?

Unread 04-09-2015, 10:42 AM
post daVinci hysterectomy pain: Is it all in my head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeBuffy72 View Post
This list is exactly what I was going to say

I am really sick of people dismissing hysterectomies as nothing.
Yes they are common but that does not diminish the pain. Lots of people have babies - does this make it any less painful?

Either way - it is the REMOVAL OF INTERNAL ORGANS no matter which way it is achieved. You had the very same organs removed as they did. Does this mean that their operation should not have hurt???

I have had a Caesarian and 3 transvaginal surgeries and I can tell you that I bounced back after the Caesar MUCH faster than the other 3!

I think there is so much information on the Internet about hysterectomies and how fast women recover it makes us all feel like there is something wrong with us or we are sooks or are somehow inferior because we still hurt! No one can understand what we are going through if they have not experienced the same thing which is sad. They should know us well enough to know we are not just being sooky

Male doctors have absolutely no right whatsoever to comment on female problems and women doctors who have not had children are not any more qualified to do so either.

Good on you for sticking up for yourself.

Thank you and you go girl! I can feel your emotion it is hard for people to understand any of it. Also I had 2 c-sections and this is nothing compared to that soreness. But I'm so glad I have a great support team here and home. I haven't talked to much friends lately I guess you see who your true friends are when going through hard times.

YES!! My doctor "better check himself before he wreck himself" I can't wait to see him in 2wks and if he even tries to say something about recovery I'm going to go off!
Thank you I appreciate it you rock!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Re: post daVinci hysterectomy pain: Is it all in my head?

I am really glad I found this post today. I am just over 2 weeks post op and I feel like a hot mess! I am a slow healer and still in pain. I just had to call for a refill and thankfully it wasn't an issue. I wish I didn't need them but it reassures me to hear that for some people it is normal! I look forward to the day when the pain is tolerable but just gonna take it one day at a time. Thanks for the words I so needed to hear! Take care
Unread 04-09-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefan01752 View Post
I am really glad I found this post today. I am just over 2 weeks post op and I feel like a hot mess! I am a slow healer and still in pain. I just had to call for a refill and thankfully it wasn't an issue. I wish I didn't need them but it reassures me to hear that for some people it is normal! I look forward to the day when the pain is tolerable but just gonna take it one day at a time. Thanks for the words I so needed to hear! Take care
Glad you were able to get some answers on this post. I felt horrible and so glad I posted this because I feel great to be miserable, lay in bed and know that all the pain is not in my head. Feel well hystersister and what I learned from this experience, hystersisters has great information and awesome people to help you get through this recovery process. 😊
Unread 04-10-2015, 11:16 AM

Hi,
My surgery was on 3/5 had a total. {da vinci} First week and a half I was so impressed how good I felt. I was really worried because I have fibromyalgia and tend not to heal all that great, but that was short lived ! Now I feel drained, and just like stabbing, burning pain in stomach and in vaginal region, even ribs feel tender. Can so relate others told me I should be feeling fine and I don't want to sound like a big baby and a downer for someone else, but I'm sorry it hurts and its not in my head! Have my 2nd post op doctor appointment on the 15th hopefully he can give me answers. I just keep telling myself this too shall pass and could be worse! Hang in there ladies! Hugs, to you all
Unread 04-10-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsonkissed View Post
Hi,
My surgery was on 3/5 had a total. {da vinci} First week and a half I was so impressed how good I felt. I was really worried because I have fibromyalgia and tend not to heal all that great, but that was short lived ! Now I feel drained, and just like stabbing, burning pain in stomach and in vaginal region, even ribs feel tender. Can so relate others told me I should be feeling fine and I don't want to sound like a big baby and a downer for someone else, but I'm sorry it hurts and its not in my head! Have my 2nd post op doctor appointment on the 15th hopefully he can give me answers. I just keep telling myself this too shall pass and could be worse! Hang in there ladies! Hugs, to you all
Question, I haven't bleed or spotted but just recently started bleeding not a lot but now I have to wear pads. Is this normal?
Unread 04-12-2015, 03:12 PM

The reality is that you have a wound which is internal. While tecnology and advancement in medical proedures has progressed, the healing for a hysterectomy is 6 - 8 weeks. The difference from 'back in the day' is we acknowledge difference, and because of this the medical professionals can advise based on individual presentations. For example returning to work based on job type and responsibilities.
Unread 04-12-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julespz View Post
Thank you and you go girl! I can feel your emotion it is hard for people to understand any of it. Also I had 2 c-sections and this is nothing compared to that soreness. But I'm so glad I have a great support team here and home. I haven't talked to much friends lately I guess you see who your true friends are when going through hard times.

YES!! My doctor "better check himself before he wreck himself" I can't wait to see him in 2wks and if he even tries to say something about recovery I'm going to go off!
Thank you I appreciate it you rock!
Uh-oh maybe I better ring your doctor and warn him ?
Seriously I understand.
I had a male doctor deliver one of my twins - the other one I did on my own problem free before he got there. He put me in stirrups and my bottom was off the bed in mid air and I somehow had to push the baby uphill ?? Needless to say it was a really bad birth with vacuum extraction etc. anyway my point is - he actually said to me ' I fail to see how a mother can give birth easier on her side than how it have you' right after I had just had one on my side. He would not let me move. Male doctors can be very arrogant. Btw there is 2hours and 10 minutes between my twins thanks to him!!
Unread 04-13-2015, 09:10 PM

Hi! My surgery was on the 11th of march. I guess it is called radical... everything was removed. I am still in pain. Not pain all the time but pain when I move or get up. I still need help getting up especially in the a.m. i cant bend very well yet either. The dr said he removed a lot of scar tissue so it may have something to do with my burning pulling horrible pain. I had "cancer the size of a plum" according to my dr. It came back stage 1a. And my lymph nodes were negative. I feel good about the surgery and getting it done but I thought I would feel better by now. I am tired of everyone knowing someone who had the surgery and their need to compare you to that person!! No one can put a time line on how you feel and how long it takes for you to heal. I was supposed to go back to work at 6 weeks but I will definitely need at.least 8. Once you go back there is no turning back and I am not one to call off... I hope that you all continue to heal as I do!
Unread 04-15-2015, 12:55 PM

I had the procedure performed on March 13, 2015 and I am still experiencing pain in different places, not just the cuff, but behind the belly button too. It is getting slowly better though - I have been using 1/2 of the heavy dose Motrin pills prescribed and also Tylenol when needed. This really helps. So it is not in your head! Hang in there, I think we will all slowly improve.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register