Anyone here with terrible back pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone here with terrible back pain? Anyone here with terrible back pain?

Unread 07-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Anyone here with terrible back pain?

Hello,
I am having a tah and bladder tack on July18. I have fibroids in my uterus, and cysts on my right ovary. My dr. has to keep changing my pain meds, because the meds will work for a few days and then stop. The pain in my back is worse than my right side. It all started to hurt back in January of this yr, and now my back hurts all the time. Lastnight I had run out of any meds, and I had almost decided to go to the hospital, because I was in severe pain. But, my bf called and brought me over on of her pain pills. I know that we should not do that, but what would the er do, (give me something for pain). So I called my dr. this morning, and I told her that the other meds were not working, and I could not take it anymore. She called me in something stronger. Thank the Good Lord!!!!! I was just wondering anyone else with severe back pain, that is caused by fibroids. I am wondering if maybe there is something that she may have missed.
Thanks a bunch you lovely, caring women.
Thank God for this site!!!!
Shelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2005, 12:38 AM

I don't have fibroids, but my lower back is agonizing when I have cysts. Sunday night my back was soooo painful that I just couldn't move. I would have had my DH take me to the hospital (tho, like you, I knew they'd only give me more pain medications), but just the thought of having to sit upright just 20 minutes on the way was a deterrent. By Monday morning my back was okay except for tenderness. Then I had the lower right ripping/burning/pulling/devouring pain around front... That's my pattern for cysts. First the low back pain, then the concentrated super sharp pain around front.

Good luck!
Lisha
Unread 07-08-2005, 05:47 AM

Good morning
I am 8 weeks post op,LAVH/BSO,i suffered bad low back pain for 3 years befor surgery
And since February of this year i just could'nt take it any more and had to quit my job.
But since the surgery im happy to say no more back pain.Only if i stand to long,Which i can handle,and it was due to a huge ovairan cyst.I hope your surgery helps with your back pain.

Lynn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2005, 07:04 AM

Hi, I've dealt with back pain for several years now - mine is caused by bulging discs though not fibroids. I do understand the pain that you're experiencing and send you many gentle s It sure can take a toll on you.

You'll be in my prayers that your surgery will end all your pain.
Unread 07-08-2005, 07:27 AM

I started having back problems about 2 years ago and I have been through every test there is and no one could ever come to the conclusion on what was the problem. I was told to lose weight, I did it didn't help, I was told to go to therapy it didn't help, oh trust me I had it all. Finally, after I switch all my doctors this year, I was told the reason for the back problems was b/c of the fibroids. Thank God to finally have an answer. It was explained to me that my fibroids are growing and it's moving other organs out of the way. So there for it's more pressure on your back. I just can't wait until July 25th. I am doing a serious count down. I just want to live pain free for change.
Unread 07-08-2005, 07:33 AM

I feel quite often as though I am getting more and more prego. Until recently I thought the pelvic floor pressure and back pain I was having was normal after having kids, it has only gotten worse since having our second child. There are days when I feel like I am 8-9 months pregnant. I am actually relieved that this is not normal and should be relieved by my hyst. I have adeno and last check I had a 12-15 week pregnancy sized uterus. I feel for you all that this pain causes dibilitation, so far it has just been annoying. Here's to us all feeling better.
Unread 07-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the info

Hello all,
Thank you all for your comments. Now I don't feel like it's all in my head. Everyone that I know that has had a hysterectomy for one reason or another, had not had back pain that was this bad. I thought maybe I am just a whinner. But, now I feel better. Daskar I know exactly what you mean, I had to buy some new shorts yesterday, up one more size, when is it going to end? lol
Hope you all are feeling better really soon.
Shelly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register