Wow I'm stressed! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wow I'm stressed! Wow I'm stressed!

Unread 10-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Wow I'm stressed!

I never thought this date would get here. Tomorrow is the big day. Part of me is happy that this pain will finally be gone. No more periods and no more disruptions in my daily life or sexual life. The other part is nervous as heck. I am scared to death of anesthesia.

I have had a bad experience with anesthesia. Having a bit of knowledge as to the rare but bad side affects doesn't help at all. My rational brain knows I take a bigger risk being in my car every day and getting in an accident then being put under anesthesia, but its not helping my emotional state any.

I just got off the phone with the pre-assessment nurse at the hospital. Boy they do things different in AZ. In CA I had blood work done for a type and cross, and EKG done, and chest x-ray done, etc. They don't do any of that in AZ. Its making me kind of uncomfortable, but I have to trust my doctor and the operating staff at the hospital.

Another stupid concern of mine is that I am overweight. The comments that will be made during the surgery (in my imagination anyway) aren't helping me at all. I am not that overweight, but its still eating in the back of my head and driving me nuts. I need to quit focusing on that.

Bowl preps are miserable. They keep you home and not able to get out and get your mind off tomorrow. Liquid diets wouldn't be so bad if there was some variety to what you could have. I just want to wake up in the recovery room and not have to experience the wait that takes place before my surgery. I really hope my anesthesiologist takes pity on me and gives me meds to relax.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers ladies. I promise to come back and tell you how it went and what to expect for those having the same issues and procedures that I am. The fact that I have you all as a support system and there praying for me makes a world of difference. I can get through this and I know that I am going to feel a heck of a lot better when its all over. Menopause here I come. Lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Wow I'm stressed!

You're in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow!!
Unread 10-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Wow I'm stressed!

Just wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow...I would write more, but I have to leave right now and pick up my DS from school.....can't wait to see you on the other side in the post op.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Wow I'm stressed!

Oh, I can imagine how nervous you are. But just think by this weekend you will be home and on your way to your new life. This will just be a drop in the bucket when you look back at it. Everything will go great! And, I am overweight too so don't feel alone. Anyway the average size for women is 14. So, not everyone is perfect weight. I will be thinking about you tomorrow and wishing you well. You will be so happy when you don't have to worry about your pain and discomfort everyday! It will be okay!!! I'm really scared too but I know we can both get through this.
Unread 10-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Wow I'm stressed!

Thanks you everyone
Unread 10-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Wow I'm stressed!

Ugh! I Just started the bowel prep. Ick! This stuff is nasty. Top that off with not eating all day and I am not a happy camper. I think they purposely do this so that you will run into that operating room tomorrow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register