Mono-Hepatitis, anyone experience lately? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mono-Hepatitis, anyone experience lately? Mono-Hepatitis, anyone experience lately?

Unread 06-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Mono-Hepatitis, anyone experience lately?

I have been ill since April 27, 2008. It took 2-3 wks for dr's to figure out I had severe mono-hepatitis.

I need help with anyone with experience, working, taking care of my husband, etc.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2008, 08:18 AM

I'm so sorry you're dealing with all of this

While I've never had mono nor hepatitis, my sister did have both conditions (at different times of her life) and I remember just how sick she was and I long it took for her to get back to normal: it's one of those conditions where is of the upmost importance.

Is there anyone in your entourage who could help out? Also, depending on the type of work you're in and on the flexibility of your employers, you may be able to work out a reduced workload and reduced work week arrangement

I think that it's a bit like recovering from the hyst: you need help from your friends and family in order to ensure that you recover fully

I do not have much insight for you, but did want to send lots of s your way.
Unread 06-12-2008, 09:05 AM

Thanks, I have been doing all of those, help from family friends, and was able to work from home, now that i have tried to come in, it may just be me...i am afraid they think i can return to my speed, if i talk to my boss well, he is a MD older very conservative, he may think I'm being dramatic. i'm not sure how to talk to him, after working with him for 9 yrs I know he knows i would not stay out if not necessary. i'll approach him today.

thanks for the comments, have a great day!
Unread 06-12-2008, 04:01 PM

Twhite,
While I haven't had hepatitis, I have had mono. It can take a very long time to recover. I was much younger when I had it and as I recall it was months before my immune system recovered. One thing I have learned over the years is to listen to my body. As we get older, it can take our bodies longer to recover from an illness. If you're still not feeling well, be honest and let your employer and family know. You need to take care of you.
Unread 06-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Hi

Oh..you brought up a horrible memory for me..here i go with the story.....my 6 year old baby girl, this happened 2 years ago, who is also mildly autistic, became very sick on me. She ran a fever and was complaining of a sore throught. I brought her to the doctor 2 times...the first time i was told she had a viral sore throught give her advil. I took her home and she became worse. She would not eat, drink and was very lathogic. I waited one more day and brought her back to the pediatriction. This time the doc said her tonsils where toughing and she had puss pockets on here roof of her mouth. The doc said it looks like mono so she took a swab test and told me I would know in 1 week and the they would treat her. Well, we then went home and she got very worse. So bad that the next day I was looking at my daughter and to me she was deteriorating right in front of my eyes. At that moment I took her to the er and they confermed that she had mono. They admitted her and treated her right away. They told me she was very dehidrated and the mono shifted her splein and liver. She was sooo sick she could not breath her throught was closing from her swollen tonsils. She was put on oxegin...it was my worst nightmare. She was in the hospital for a week and I never left her side. I'm sorry it was so long but I had to vent. Denise.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register