OH NO! Strep Throat! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

OH NO!  Strep Throat! OH NO! Strep Throat!

Unread 04-09-2006, 08:36 AM
OH NO! Strep Throat!

As if it's not bad enough that I'm scheduled for my hyst this coming Friday...last Friday (the 7th), I started feeling really bad at work...achy, sore throat, blah blah blah. Went for my pre-op visit with my dr...he sure wasnt interested in any part of my body (throat!) except my private parts and my boobs! Anyway...started running a temp Friday night...went to the urgent care facility Saturday morning...have strep throat. Yep. No doubt about it. Started antibiotics Saturday morning...but I still feel BAD (Sunday morning)...haven't eaten since Friday night (good way to diet!).

Has anyone else had anything like this happen? Did it affect your surgery by getting sick so close to the date? I'm calling my dr tomorrow to explain what's going on and see what he recommends. I'm concerned that my body may not be in the best condition to tolerate an invasive procedure. I just hate to reschedule. Woe is me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2006, 08:46 AM
OH NO! Strep Throat!

As long as you have no fever than it's no threat to anyone else but that's 5 days away. I agree though call your doctor to make sure.
Unread 04-09-2006, 09:00 AM
OH NO! Strep Throat!

Oh! That stinks!
I got an ear, nose , throat and chest infection the week before too! I had been healthy all winter up to then.
I went to a walk in clinic and they said it was my asthma acting up! Definately not!
I called my regular Dr and he would not see me until the day before my hst. and finally I called my female Dr and explained and they fit me in that day. Bless her sweet heart!
I went home with $200 worth of meds and plenty of rest and I was still fairli ill at my pre-op and so scared they would cancell but....they did not!!!
They assured me it takes a lot to reschedule and even up until the surgery time they would assess me then and make the final decission.
I say be pushy and be seen by a trusting Dr. and get lots of rest and don't worry too much.
I know that might seem hard but I worried myself silly and it was all for nothing!
Good luck sister!
Josie

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register