Mega hot flash, or something else? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mega hot flash, or something else? Mega hot flash, or something else?

Unread 10-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Mega hot flash, or something else?

I had a frightening incident this morning- tingling and heat started in my arms and spread to my legs, my whole body was flushed and my arms and legs were bright red. I couldn't get in to see my doctor and it subsided after about 45 minutes. I'm on hormone blockers after treatment for breast cancer and had a hysterectomy and oopherectomy (sp?) two years ago so I've got no estrogen floating around inside, and wondered if this could have been a major hot flash. I did not sweat at all. But I live in New Mexico, if that makes a difference. I just didn't feel hot, I felt heat inside. The cancer dr. didn't think the medication was the reason, since I've been on it for a few months. After the incident I felt a little tired but I think I had a panic attack when I couldn't get a doctor to see me and didn't know what it was. I can't even find anything online that sounds exactly like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Re: Mega hot flash, or something else?

Sorry you are having problems. You very well could have had a hot flash. Here is a link with information and some help:http://www.34-menopause-symptoms.com...shes.htm#about

Hope things calm down for you and you feel better.

Unread 10-27-2011, 07:04 PM

Hi DBR! Are you taking Tamoxofin? If so, yes it sounds like a hot flash. I had been through menopause for 10 years, then started Tam for breast cancer. Thought I was through the hot flashes, but I started to have power surges! I don't think it matters where you live-I'm in Ohio. I did seem to adjust over time (been on it for 2 years); still have an occasional flash, and they were more frequent immediately following my BSO. I seem to be adjusting again! Talk with your Medical Oncologist just to be on the safe side. Best wishes to you, Sister Survivor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2011, 02:26 PM

Thanks, guys. I saw my GP and she also thought it was some kind of blip, like a surge of estrogen in my estrogen-deprived body. Some people also suggested it was an overdose of niacin, and I have been taking B complex. It hasn't happened again, but it could I suppose, and yes, I'm on hormone blockers, not Tamoxifin because I'm well past menopause, bit the aromatase inhibitor, Letrozole (generic name for Femara I think.)

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register