How quickly can we travel? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How quickly can we travel? How quickly can we travel?

Unread 11-06-2003, 05:50 PM
How quickly can we travel?

Oh my gosh, now that I'm emotionally ready to get this done, my dad is going in the hospital AGAIN. I delayed my scheduling to be there for their 50th Anniversary 10/24, so I just saw them.

He's not been well for almost 2 years, in and out of the hospital, and we all really think he's ready to go. But, thought that many times already this year.

Does anyone know how soon we can really travel once home from the hospital? I'm looking at a 12 hour (hard) car drive or a plane ride with one plane change.

I know I still have time to reschedule the surgery, but wanted input from all you wise ladies before I make the call. I do figure I can wait until next week to change surgery dates, but still need to know how long it will be until I can travel that far.

With my nephew in Pediatric ICU from getting hit by a Van and this, I'm wondering if it doesn't make sense to delay anyway (sure would make the boss happy, ergh!)

Thanks - I know you'll be able to share with me!

Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2003, 06:43 PM
travel post op

Hi, I went to a wedding by airplane and my husband driving the rental car 2 1/2 weeks after, with my Dr.'s okay. I was very content to sit a lot, and I went to rest whenever I needed to, putting myself first. I couldn't lift my suitcase but did well otherwise. Bon voyage! Barbara
Unread 11-07-2003, 04:46 AM
How quickly can we travel?

Hi Susan,

First, let me say how sorry I am to hear about your ailing father and your nephew. I'm sure that this causes you a lot of worry and I hope that will both of them will be alright.

Should the need arise for you to travel post-operatively, I can tell you that I would not have been able to make a trip like you're describing (12 hr car ride plus two planes) for at least 6 weeks post-operatively. It really does take those first 6 weeks for most of us to get through the initial recovery stages.

When my hyst was scheduled, we had already made arrangements for a long anticipated vacation with a group of family and friends, which had been planned for before I even knew I would need surgery. My trip was 12 weeks after my surgery. I was quite ready by then and thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing, though I admit that I still tired a little easily at that point.

I think that this is decision you will need to make on your own and in partnership with your Dr., weighing the need to have your hyst sooner rather than later. I do know that often times things and "what if's" will keep getting in the way if we stop to think about it.

I don't envy the position you're in and I truly hope that everything works out for you!

Best wishes and s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register