very sore breasts | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

very sore breasts very sore breasts

Unread 08-05-2005, 07:47 AM
very sore breasts

Hello everyone, it's been awhile since I have visited. Yesterday I was 7 months post op. I had a TVH but left the ovaries. Since surgery, my breasts would get sore, like I had before (PMS) my surgery, but for the last month & a half they have been really sore all the time. When I take my bra off it really hurts. Has anyone else out there had this problem? I have a Dr's appt next Friday but if anyone here knows anything or has advice I would appreciate it. I just wondering if I am starting to have a hormone problem.
Thanks...Betty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2005, 08:00 AM
very sore breasts

I had this happen, and it turned out I had an ovarian cyst (not cancerous or anything). The doctor said I was getting too much estrogen because it was disrupting my cycle.

Sore breasts definitely sound hormonal, but your doctor will be able to check it out and find the cause.

I know it is very uncomfortable. My husband would laugh at me (kindly) because it would take me so long to put my bra and shirt on. It hurts!
Unread 08-06-2005, 04:00 AM
very sore breasts

I'm nearly 4 months post-op and kept my ovaries. For the first couple of months I just had the usual pre-menstrual soreness for a few days but, for the last 6 weeks my breasts have been permanently sore. I can't even take my bra off at night because, when I get up in the morning ... ooouucccchhhh!

I wondered whether the hormones used to get 'washed' out of the body with periods and now they've nowhere to go? I dunno. It's definitely an overload of hormones.

Someone else posted about this recently and mentioned that she was told it would eventually lessen.

Fingers crossed for us!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2005, 05:50 AM
very sore breasts

Betty,
I had very sore breasts post-op. My doctor suggested using a good quality progesterone cream. It worked for me. Since you have an appointment, you could run the idea past him.

I hope you find some relief soon.
Unread 08-06-2005, 06:28 PM
very sore breasts

I noticed the heading sore breasts...I had my surgery on June 13th, and my doc put me on Climera patch, I had a TAH/BSO...the only problem I am having is the left breast is almost three times the size of the right breast and it lactates. My doctor has checked and done blood work, she says it will become normal after my body is done going through shock. I sure hope so, it makes it hard to wear my bras...when their two way different sizes. But the good part of the whole surgery, I used to have severe panic attacks and haven't had one since the surgery. So I guess it was a good trade
Hugs,
Cheryl
Unread 08-08-2005, 05:48 AM
very sore breasts

Same here! I had a LAVH and kept my ovaries on March 8 and for the past month, my breast have gone from 36 to 38 and are VERY sore, like when I was pregnant. Not only that, but my nipples are sensitive and sore and it hurts to touch them at all. I am going on a quality progesterone cream this week - I will let you know how things go.
Unread 08-08-2005, 09:51 AM
very sore breasts

See the problem with mine is only the left one did it....it grew really big compared to the right one....nothing is sore, but it is driving me crazy.....
Unread 08-08-2005, 12:20 PM
very sore breasts

I use a cream with Primrose oil in it and that really helps.
Unread 08-08-2005, 02:36 PM
very sore breasts

Caffenine & especially Chocolate will also cause tenderness, soreness & sometimes swelling in the breast. At least that's what my Dr told me and sure enough I cut out the caffenine & sore breast no more.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register