LAVH coming 6/27/06 and scared of .. | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH coming 6/27/06 and scared of .. LAVH coming 6/27/06 and scared of ..

Unread 06-16-2006, 07:43 PM
LAVH coming 6/27/06 and scared of ..

Hi Everyone,

I have been here before and asked questions..thank you for those answers.

Now I am fearing I may have decided wrong in allowing for my cervic to be removed. I decided on this because I wanted the best recovery time. In order to get a LAVH I have to have my cervic removed too. My Dr doesn't do the Superacervical Hysto.

My other fear is the bladder....will I have to go BACK in for more surgery after this for my bladder??How common is it to have bladder issues after a hysto??

My Mother had a TAH in her 30/s and now at 75 yrs old she has no bladder problems. Could I be as lucky?

I asked my Dr about bladder problems related to this LAVH and he replied if I have a probblem the sling method is just a day sugery to fix..GESH!

Please help me feel better about this...I may cancel and I spent a few months trying to decide to go for it.

Felice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2006, 07:50 PM

If you are uncomfortable with your surgery type, and you are not in a life threatening situation, take time to do more research. Have you sought a second opinion? Or checked to see if there is a doctor in your area who does a surgery type where you can keep your cervix? Are you even a candiate for keeping your cervix?

I can tell you my LAVH was close to 6 years ago. I have not had any problems with not having a cervix. For that matter, I have never noticed a difference from when I had one, to not having one. I have never had any bladder issues either.

Best wishes to you as you make the right decision for you! There are many opinions about whether or not to keep the cervix, and you need to know what is best for you.
Unread 06-16-2006, 08:17 PM

Thank you for your very encourageing reply!

I decided to take my cervic becasue it was the easiest hysto with less recovery and because I didn't want to be affraid of cancer there in the future...and no more paps

I have two fibriods ( a new one just stared growig this year), one karge ovarian cyst. I am age 58 years old, having problems getting my hormones balanced (natural HT) and felt also that by removing them all I may have a better chance of gettig a balance. I have on and off bleeding which \make me very tired. I have bled three times in the last two months.

It is so good to read that some one has had good luck with this surgery. I wish I could find more on the message boards like this...are there any? Reading the lists of problem messages has made me fearful again.

Thanks again

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register