Back from pre-op | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back from pre-op Back from pre-op

Unread 03-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Back from pre-op

It wasn't bad, but longggggg, lol was there since 7 this morning, didn't get out till after 10:00, had my regular Dr appointment which i was late for, then had to go back to the ob/gyn to sign yet more papers. So it is official, Wednesday the 14th. Here is my total surgery plan TAH/BSO, with appendectomy (sp?) and a MMK for the bladder. He no longers orders a bowel prep. I did think about taking something tonight or in the morning anyhow since I do have a constipation problem. It is from meds but I think right before this type of surgery I definitly dont want to be hard going afterwards.

Anyhow thats my update. Oh yea like some have seen, I do smoke so they sent me home with the breathing gadget to help clear my lungs a bit and to get use to it so I could use it properly, I thought that was pretty neat.

Hugs
Katie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2007, 06:17 AM
Back from pre-op

A gentle "bump" feeling left out.
Unread 03-13-2007, 06:25 AM
Back from pre-op

I am glad that everything is going so well for you. I don't want you to feel left out. I've felt that way on a forum before and it kind of stinks. You will do fine. You're lucky they didn't order a bowel prep. I don't know about mine yet, but if they don't I'll probably do what you are doing, just a little something to help. GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2007, 07:14 AM
Back from pre-op

((( Katie )))
I remember how "real" my pre op appointment made my upcoming hyst. It was also a long but not really bad day. Lots of questions and waiting for the next test to happen

Please check with your dr before you do or take anything as it coukd make a difference - we never know what reactions it might cause. I'd hate to see you have problems or have your surgery rescheduled ( that wait IS difficult ).

I'm sorry that you felt left out, sometimes the boards move really quickly, other times they're slower. Everyone is equally important

Best wishes with your surgery on Wednesday, I hope that everything goes smoothly for you.

S S
Unread 03-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Back from pre-op

Soon it will be over! I remember my pre op. It just made me more nervous. Was not nearly as bad as I thought. I actually walked over a mile today 8 days after my TAH BSO.

Now I still rest all of the time and my brain is slow but it is not that bad.

Best of luck.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register