dVH/RALH Excitement of the Day - Post Op Day 10. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Excitement of the Day - Post Op Day 10. Excitement of the Day - Post Op Day 10.

Unread 11-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Excitement of the Day - Post Op Day 10.

Day 10 was an exciting day in Phenyx's Post-op Paradise. I got dressed. I made a bed. I drove to Target by myself. I had not 1 but 2 absolutely *normal* BM's today that didn't double me over with post-op pain! I haven't been so excited about BM's since I was 2.

And I *finally* found pantyliners by Always (for that annoying pinkish discharge that came back today because I over did it) that don't insist on wadding themselves up and lodging in my butt crack. For this I can *almost* forgive them for that asinine "Have a Happy Period" tagline. Yeah, strap that pad to a shot of jack and a couple of vicodin and then maybe it'll be a happy period.

Anyway it turns out standard pads and liners are sized for little itty bitty size 4-6 women. (Eeesh! I have poise pads bigger than their tiny little panties!) These are especially for us fluffy girls. *Always* makes a line of pads and liners sized and proportioned for those of us who wear size 14 and up. They are longer and wider and properly proportioned for "bigger girl" undies. It was an ironic annoyance that I found these "perfect pads" on day 9 of the Last Period I Ever Had, but hopefully someone else will find the info useful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Re: Excitement of the Day - Post Op Day 10.

Hilarious! I am glad you found pads that will work for us! I will buy some tomorrow! Thanks for that invaluable advice!!!
Unread 11-15-2010, 10:50 AM

Now that is a dumb slogan, those words should never be put together! It was obviously thought of by a man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melman View Post
Now that is a dumb slogan, those words should never be put together! It was obviously thought of by a man!
I always thought the same thing...everytime I opened one I believe my thought along with it was BITE ME! Yea Happy Period for them...cause they were making a small mint on me!
Unread 11-16-2010, 12:09 AM

Yes, I too watch those commercials and think either a man thought of the most stupid and unbelievable tagline ever or some young hippie organic only, one with the earth, nature loving, too many seeds and berries woman! I will check out those always pads as I am on the fluffy side myself and would enjoy not having to rearrange those Barbie sized liners every time I move!
Unread 11-16-2010, 12:16 AM

thanks for the good laugh

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register