I've been experiencing pain after 12 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I've been experiencing pain after 12 weeks I've been experiencing pain after 12 weeks

Unread 12-12-2006, 04:11 PM
I've been experiencing pain after 12 weeks

Hi, Hope you all are doing OK.Haven't been onsite for awhile. Went back to work and it seems 'm always tired. I've been getting really bad pains where my insisons were in my thighs. I'm hoping nothing is wrong and it is from being on y feet all day. If I'mtill sore tomorrow I mighthave to call my Doctor. Has anyone else experienced this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2006, 05:04 PM

It might be that you are on your feet and it does take some time for all of the pains to go away. I have read that it takes 6 months to a year to get fully healed. I would call the doctor if it continues. Feel better soon!
's
Barb
Unread 12-12-2006, 05:33 PM

Thanks Barb.
I'm thinking of calling the doc tomorrow, since it's been a couple weeks, And I work retail so I know the lifting s going to get worse, I might see if I should take some time off. Hope your feeling good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2006, 07:57 AM

Hi there

I have also experienced issues with aches and pains when I went back to work, but I sit at a desk in front of a computer all day. You are bound to be a lot more achy and tired if you have a job where you have to stand up all day. If you feel worried though, please see your doctor to put your mind at rest.
Unread 12-13-2006, 08:43 AM

I had mine done right around your time and I am still having pain when I over do it. Standing, moving, lifting are still issues for me, but I have been told it is normal. My doctor said that stamina and such could take 6 months to return to "normal". So I try to cut myself some slack, but I could not imagine working retail right now. My prayers are with you.

Unread 12-13-2006, 08:58 AM

Thanks you all. I guess I'll try and take it easy. I know I start feeling better on my days off because I do take it easy. Then my first day back it'll be ouch again. I'm also thinking its from lifting and standing. Thanks for your support.
Unread 12-13-2006, 10:59 AM

Im just curious, why did you have incisions in your thighs?
Unread 12-13-2006, 11:41 AM
12 week pain

Hi Moonflower,

I am a massage therapist. I tried to work full time but pushed back a little. I do both that and reception at a spa and just find it hard. Somedays the pain in tummy is like in the first month, and I get it in lower tummy and groin area. All you can do is try not to worry, and check with your Dr. I know adhesions and hernias can occur, if one does too much too soon. So many people have told me that it can take up to a year for your insides to heal. It is major surgery and aside from removing an item, there are hundreds of stitches inside to heal. Take it easy, Dr. get paid to answer questions and concerns, and don't feel like you are complaining. You take care now.

Thanks'
Shelley
Unread 12-13-2006, 11:43 AM

Sorry that response was to 13 starz, but if you find it intersting moonflower, then that is good. Too early in morning for me I guess.
Unread 12-13-2006, 09:16 PM

Hi moonstar. I did have the insicions n my thighs. So I guess its pulling from lifting alot. Holidays are to busy.! I'm going to take a week off after Christmas. I think it'll do me good.
Then work will kind of be back to normal

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register