Abdominal Incision Question - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdominal Incision Question Abdominal Incision Question

Unread 07-09-2007, 05:34 AM
Abdominal Incision Question

so far i cant bear any pressure at all in that area, so not sure how I will handle when I have to actually wear real clothes and go to work. Idyllic, you are wonderful!! Your balcony line made me
signed, ledge lifter lala
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2007, 06:45 AM

Have "ledge" that sits on my incision - I now have red bumps along the incision line that are sore. Does anyone else have these?
Unread 07-09-2007, 08:56 AM

With my vertical incision & swelly belly, I call mine my front butt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2007, 09:17 AM

Lol!!!! I love it! Mine is still somewhat tender, so I went out and bought some long loose dresses to wear when I go back to work, which could be tomorrow I go in for my 6 wk check today and if the Dr releases me, I will have to bite the bullet and go back to the salt mines! Fortunately we have casual dress during the summer where I work, so I don't have to wear pantyhose-I can't even bear the thought!

TAH/BSO and appendectomy for severe endometriosis.
Unread 07-09-2007, 09:57 AM

My belly changed shapes since my hyst too. I cried when I saw it because I lost 43 pounds before my surgery. Even though I had lost all of that weight - my belly was very round. Now with the ledge - the shape is actually a little nicer. I guess because the constant puffiness is gone. It's nice to know that we are all in this together!!
Unread 07-09-2007, 10:04 AM

My swelly belly is finally starting to go down. Odd thing is that it is lopsided (not noticeable to anyone else but me) with more swelling on the right side. I'm chalking that up to sleeping on my side, perhaps. I always had a little belly, but now the dreaded ledge is there to add to it. I'm just starting my 8th week post-op, and hoping over time that they both disappear! Now that I'm carefully stepping up the exercise I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed that will do the trick!
Unread 07-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Inscision Problems

Hey Ladies -

Please help - Not sure what to do next. Does everyone's inscsion take so long to heal. I am not a big girl 5'4 165 lbs. Am I over doing it at home??
Thanks,
Cathy
Unread 07-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Inscision Problems

Hey Ladies -
Its been a while since I have been on but I am now running into another problem. I had my TAH on June 19, they finally took out my staples on July 5. I thinking finally the next step to recovering. I am still on no driving restriction 3rd week, which is literally driving me crazy. Hopefully one more week and I can have my keys back to my car !!
This moring I woke up and my inscision seems to be opening up. Slight blood and oozing, has anyone else experienced this after having staples removed. The doctors steri-strips have all come off from taking showers. I put on additional steri-strips. Is this part of the healing process or is this a problem. I do not want to over react so I am looking for some guidance from my sisters.
If you no gave you a hug today - here goes a group hug for all of the wonderful woman out there who understand what I am going through!!

Cathy
46 yrs-TAH, Adenomyosis,Fibroids, ectocervicitis,endocervicitis, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, adhensions and appendiditis - nothing left to take out !!
Unread 07-09-2007, 12:48 PM

You should call your doctor. Sometimes the incision does open and when it does you need to tell your doctor. It could be an infection in which case you need antibiotics. The doc will also tell you how to take care of your incision.

Helti
TAH - kept ovaries
Unread 07-09-2007, 02:47 PM

Sorry been missing in action today. Last night wasn't pleasant. 102 fever but broke this morning.

Balconey w/seating for 6! That's just too funny.

I'm lopsided to. Right side is smaller, attributing that to the fact only have 1 ovary left and it's on the left, so it stands to reason that it would be bigger. No???? Well, that's the story I'm sticking to.

I wondered if those light restraining panties would hurt at the end of the day. Forgot I'll be back in pantyhose for work (do the "Living Impaired" really care if I have hose on or not?)

Thin???? Who's thin? Not me! I'm 5'9" 170 lbs and size 10 or 12. I'm not a small person. Heck, I had to have a new rack just to off set these hips after 2 kids slurping on them (the girls, not the hips, they went sideways). Yup, those girls went south. Hmmmmmm, why didn't I think of a tummy tuck with all this being done? Maybe 'cause I didn't know about this ledge thing developing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register