Bladder sling. Pee...wait then pee again? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder sling. Pee...wait then pee again? Bladder sling. Pee...wait then pee again?

Unread 10-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Bladder sling. Pee...wait then pee again?

So I am wondering if I am only one experiencing this. I got tvt with my hyster on 9/24. Had issues peeing at first but now I notice since waterworks are working again I have a new normal. When I go I pee until I think I'm done then wait about 30-45 seconds then urge comes again and I pee again (a stream no a dribble) anyone else have this experience? Just wondering what is causing this and if I should be concerned t all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Re: Bladder sling. Pee...wait then pee again?

Hello
I didn't have the sling but I had a TAH and am still getting this bladder emptying issue after 9 weeks. It is getting better each week but I can't seem to fully empty first time, even when I have a really full bladder and pee loads. I also still have some squeezing pain inthe bladder when I pee. The surgeon put it down to scar tissue round the bladder healing and softening over time. He said it will resolve itself.
The other thing I noticed is I don't get the same feeling in my waterworks that the bladder is empty. It doesn't feel like I still need to pee, but just don't get that sort of complete sensation, do you know what I mean?
I'm sure there's still a whole load of swelling and stuff going on inside right now, so I'm not worried about it. If things are no better in a few months I'll ask the doc.
oh, I do find, standing up and doing a little jiggle and sitting down again helps to get the flow going again! (I must look daft!)

Hope you feel better soon, glad the waterworks are at least working for you now x
Unread 10-12-2012, 08:57 AM

Lol, I do the stand up thing too!! I usually end up getting another stream out afterwards. I think it takes awhile for everything to recover from the shock of surgery. It's improving every day. I think back a week ago to my surgery and I could only get a dribble out at a time. If you're concerned you could give the doctor's office a call, but I think it's completely normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2012, 10:19 AM

Thanks for the replies ladies. I just wanted to make sure it was something else that was caused by the invasion. Lol. Thanks!
Unread 10-12-2012, 10:39 AM

Yup. Same here. Pee. Stop. Wait. Pee again. All in one "sitting".

I had to have a Foley 3 weeks post op and so am a little behind the curve on healing in that area.

Good luck everyone!
Unread 10-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Bladder sling. Pee...wait then pee again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceSeeker View Post
Yup. Same here. Pee. Stop. Wait. Pee again. All in one "sitting".

I had to have a Foley 3 weeks post op and so am a little behind the curve on healing in that area.

Good luck everyone!
Omg 3 weeks I cnt imagine. I was going nuts after 4 days having horrible visions that I would never pee Again (but then I was not warned about the possibility of catheter for any period of time)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register