swelly belly question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

swelly belly question swelly belly question

Unread 01-02-2007, 07:49 PM
swelly belly question

i just looked at myself in the mirror today. probably first time in a while. noticable difference in one side more then the other. of course it is the side they did more work on and the side that always hurts more, left side by the way. is that normal?

sometimes the swelly belly is very sensitive to the touch and numb at times. is that normal too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2007, 08:12 PM
swelly belly question

l_quart,

Having a and numbness is normal.

The sensitivity and one side being more sore than the other I don't have an answer for you though. You may want to call your and either speak with him/her or the .

I hope things continue to go well for you
Unread 01-02-2007, 08:23 PM
swelly belly question

My left side was more sore that right too. DR said that was the side they "took things from". I think the incision is a little larger and a few more stitches. Right side wasn't sore or even hurt right after surgery.

I bought a store brand cold pack wrap from Meijer (like what is adveristed on this site but under 10 bucks) before surgery and wore it off and on for the a few days, later more for the the bloat than pain. Now I wear just the band when I don't have my jeans own for added support. My belly is now smaller that it's been for 6 months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2007, 09:24 PM
swelly belly question

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_quart
i just looked at myself in the mirror today. probably first time in a while. noticable difference in one side more then the other. of course it is the side they did more work on and the side that always hurts more, left side by the way. is that normal?

sometimes the swelly belly is very sensitive to the touch and numb at times. is that normal too?

The sensitivity is a good sign and means you're regaining feeling. The numbness will go away as you recover. It varies how long that will take -- mine has almost all gone away but I know some it takes months.

My swelly belly is not symmetrical either. I never really thought about it because I'm still dealing with the hole at my incision on the right side. I wouldn't worry about it - ask your dr. at your next post-op checkup.
Unread 01-05-2007, 10:11 AM
swelly belly question

intune
u should ask ur dr bout the hole. that doesnt seem too good. take care of urself too!!!
Unread 01-05-2007, 10:19 AM
swelly belly question

I've been going to a treatment centre for 3 weeks getting the hole fixed. It's healing from infection. It's all good. THanks!
Unread 01-05-2007, 10:30 AM
swelly belly question

I get swelly belly towards the end of the day and it gets worse if I am more active. I ordered the Swelly Belly band and love it. You can use it cold to help with swelling or use it just for support. If I need the cold, I will use it till it warms up then I go to my "soft" ice packs.
I was wondering if and when I would change over to warm/heat. I know with oral surgery, we recommend ice for the first 3 days then switch to heat, due to the fact the swelling at 3 days has reached its max. But since the belly will rise and fall at times, does heat do anything with Swelly Belly?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register