Anyone else feeling anxious? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else feeling anxious? Anyone else feeling anxious?

Unread 12-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Anyone else feeling anxious?

Three more days to go and I’m feeling rather stressed! I slept poorly for three nights due to anxiety so last night I broke down and took a lorazepam a couple hours before bed. It worked! (This is okay with my doc, in fact they said I could even take one the morning of surgery if need be). My surgery got rescheduled from 11:30 to 2:30, which I’m not happy about because it makes fasting that much longer. Added to that, our bathroom wall has been leaking from the apartment above and causing all sorts of problems- ugh! And a few people in my office are sick, so naturally I’m afraid of catching a bug before my surgery. Trying to stay positive…deep breaths…..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Re: Anyone else feeling anxious?

Good Luck with your surgery! Mine is tomorrow! I asked different doctors about something to take away some of the anxiety..he gave me a script, but was told not to take it the morning of surgery because of the anastesia (sp?) I guess every dr. is different!
Unread 12-11-2012, 10:44 AM

Thank you Thinkihadenough! Yes every doctor is different. They said I could take it with a teeny-tiny sip of water when I wake up. Best of luck with your surgery, too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2012, 11:18 AM

I'm 10 days away and really stressing out. I'm fighting the start of a cold and loading up on fluids and vitamin C plus I think lovely AF will show her ugly face one more time between now and the 21st. I'm ready for this to be over!
Tomorrow is my Pre op appt and I'm also going to ask for something for anxiety.
Unread 12-11-2012, 11:31 AM

I would hazard a guess that every single woman is anxious and stressed before their surgery. What you are feeling is normal. The waiting is the hardest part.

Sar, I came down with a cold and then a cough 10 days before my surgery. I was scared to death that my surgery would have to be rescheduled but I took really good care of myself during those 10 days and I was in pretty good shape the morning of. My doctor did prescribe a low dose of Advair when I went in for my pre-op check and I think that helped. I tend to go into a cough when I catch a cold. I made sure that I used the breathing thingy they give you in the hospital after surgery to make sure I kept my lungs clear. Two weeks post-op, my cough has returned but it's manageable.

Take care of yourselves and do what you can to relax. Your surgeries will be here before you know it.

Pat
Unread 12-11-2012, 12:40 PM

Thank you Pat and Sar. I had a cold two weeks ago. I usually don't get sick twice in such a short period, but I know stress can weaken the immune system.
I love all the support on this board! Knowing I'm not alone and that my feelings are normal. I'm so thankful!
Unread 12-11-2012, 12:57 PM

Thanks Pat. I'm going to see what my doc says tomorrow at my Pre op appt.
I agree blue hour... This board rocks!!!
Unread 12-11-2012, 01:13 PM

Anxious like I drank 72 cups of coffee... Too much to do at work and home and waving the magic wand isn't working!!
Unread 12-11-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatBazz View Post
Anxious like I drank 72 cups of coffee... Too much to do at work and home and waving the magic wand isn't working!!
Ditto this. A lot of stuff I want to do and I want to do NOW, but it has to wait until the day before surgery. Then it's the, did I do this, did I do that, do I need this, how much do I need of this, did I buy enough groceries, do I have enough pjs laid out..etc etc

Last night I was up till 4:30, watched some movies, figured this is how things will be until the surgery. The night of the surgery I will probably not sleep at all with final preps, doing those last minute walk throughs of, is this done, is this done, etc.
Unread 12-11-2012, 02:39 PM

I too packed a laundry basket of comfy clothes for me to keep on main floor as ill be hanging out there versus stairs for a few days... Same with milk! Wait! Yep need more!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register