Alot of questions now that I am 3 days out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Alot of questions now that I am 3 days out Alot of questions now that I am 3 days out

Unread 01-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Alot of questions now that I am 3 days out

I am 3 days out of surgery. Everything was pretty destroyed from endometriosis and so I didn't have a choice. Everything was taken and the only complication was two blood transfusions and they had to cut my uterus in half just to get it out. The ovaries were stuck to other organs. I just turned 39 and I thought that I would have alot more pain than I do. I am thankful for that. I also have alot of flowers all around me and dinners being brought in but I do have questions from all you wise ladies. I am so blasted hot. I think it may be from the perocet or possibly no ovaries. I was already in the menopause of 4 months and have had hot flashes that went away from estrogen but haven't taken any for 2 months. I really don't want to feed the endometriosis so iam exploring whether or not it is from
the pain meds.

I can't find a comfortable position to be in. I have sat up, semi sat up or layed down on my side or complete back. Nothing feels good. I feel like the tummy is being pulled in every direction whenever I move or whatever position I get myself into. It doesn't hurt too much, just pressure and stretching sensations. Is that normal? I also had a sling put in but I have not alot of information about that other than I can't lift anything over 5 pounds for a month.

I am also getting alittle down. There is just so much tv I can watch. How do I tell people that I want visitors but yet I don't feel like entertaining them. I know people prefer to just drop off something and off with their busy lives but I don't want to sound like a whiner as well. I am generally a really positive person and it helps me to help others on this site and I need your support as well because at the moment you guys are the only thing from keeping me from going in sane.

My mom is usually the one who I can rely on but she is having some health issues and almost needs me more than I need her for emotional support at the moment.

Overall the recovery is so much better than i expected and I am getting pampered by my husband and kids. I just need to whine for a minute.
Thanks for listening.
Julie...with a fan blowing on her 24/7...can't breathe well, can't get comfortable and wanting to be social. trying to laugh without blowing out a stitch. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2008, 08:47 PM

Wow! I am amazed you are out of the hospital already!! I was four days in, cathater for 2 and I thought that was pretty fast on my feet. Try to take it easy, you have a few weeks of recovery yet. Many women, including me, experience the dreaded "gas pains" around day 5. It feels like giving birth to an alien!!
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:04 PM

Just give yourself time. You are still very early in recovery. I am so sorry that you had to loose your ovaries and were not planning on it. I am at least thankful that I knew they were probably not going to be there when I woke up. I know my Dr. would of left one if he could of.
I am no help with the HRT as I have been banned from them for a few plus months also.
I really could not tell in the begining if being hot was due to no ovaries, or just the surgery. Now the hot flashes are coming and look out! I am going to be the crazy naked lady in the middle of the freeway one day.

Hope you feel better soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2008, 10:10 PM

I lost everything too...and the hot flashes and night sweats are aggrevating. My DH changed the sheets every other day and did a lot of laundry.

If you can't take HRT yet, you may want to talk to you GP about an anti-depressant. I started taking one 4 weeks after my hyster...Although it takes about 2 to 4 weeks to start working I feel so much better. I still have the hot flashes, but I am a lot more calm with little to no anxiety.

As soon as you can exercise, I would recommend that you do so. It helped me tremdously and I went to physical therapy as soon as I hit the 6 week mark. Like you my endo was very severe - as I matter of fact I ended up loosing a kidney because the endo wrapped around my ureter and slowly killed my kidney over the past year and I am having another surgery in a week to remove my kidney. So it's basically the same recovery, except you can have sex...

Keep ahead of your pain by taking your meds on time and rest, rest and rest. Don't get out of your jammies - it makes you appear as though you are no longer sick!

Feel better!
Unread 01-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Well wishes!

HOPE YOU ALL FEEL BETTER REAL SOON!
Unread 01-27-2008, 10:20 PM
some suggestions... :)

I've been on bio-identical progesterone for 5 years and it "cured" me of hot flashes and menopause symptoms I was having at 32, due to severe hormone imbalance. So far after this hyst, it is keeping all that away as well. Maybe you could try it?

I feel in a happy mood, energized...just sore still. My second night in the hospital, I felt such gas pain, I forced myself to walk, walk, WALK! I paced the hospital hallways all through the nite, every few hours, until I was absolutely too exhausted to do anymore. I think that is the only reason I am not in pain today, 4 days later. Getting the gas out is crucial to feeling better, and healing in there, so walk as much as you can! I also take over the counter Phayzyme and it helps some too. Hope you feel well soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register