Re admitted into hospital day 8 post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Re admitted into hospital day 8 post op Re admitted into hospital day 8 post op

Unread 08-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Re admitted into hospital day 8 post op

Hello my sisters, just wanted to update you all on my recovery. I had my Davinci Hysterectomy on July 24th I was doing great until Day 4. I started running a low grade temp and when it got up to 100 at home I went to my primary care dr. He did a urinalysis and told me I had a Urinary trac infection. I was also complaining about pain on the lower left side above hip, below sholder blade. He says it's probably your kidney too. So he put me on Cipro. I took it for the first 3 doses and by that point the fever was still rising and I was now throwing up and having severe diahrea. Man was I sick. Friday morning which was day a Post Op I got up dragged mysyself to the shower sat down in it showered dressed and had my father take me to the ER When I got there my temp was 101 My heart rate was 183/86 they said I was having (tachacardia) (SP) and I was severly dehydrated. Ladies I spent the last 3 days hanging on by the grace of GOD. My kidneys were in Renal Failure due to severe dehydration. The Dr said that the Cipro was too strong it messed up the good bacteria that was in my body, as well as took out the bad bacteria and caused my Lupus to flare. It was pure hell. I literally thought I was dying. My Surgeon was not in town and I had to depend on his team of Dr's to figure everything out. Thank God they did. I came home today 12 pounds lighter than I was prior to my hysterectomy. Ladies if you have a fever don't wait 2 or 3 days go to the Dr Immediately to get it checked out. It could cost you your life.
Syl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2008, 10:01 PM

Wow - that's terrible! I'm sorry you've been down such a rough road but I'm super happy that you are in recovery now. (((HUGS))) and thanks for sharing your experience. Maybe it will save some others from having the same.
Unread 08-03-2008, 10:35 PM

Thats what this site is about. Sharing so that we can all be empowered to make the best decisions about our health as we possibly can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2008, 12:01 AM

Wow I am glad you pulled through. I hope your recovery is on the right road now. Please continue to rest. Feel better soon.
Happy healing
Unread 08-04-2008, 12:19 AM

Thanks for sharing. I am glad you are back on the road to recovery.
Unread 08-04-2008, 08:03 AM

I slept well last night. I did have to go potty 3 or 4 times, I suppose that was from 3 days of IV fluids. But I woke up craving watermelon. DH got me some and I just finished eating it. Ive washed a sink full of dishes and taken my meds. Im so happy that i have an appetite again. My food actually stayed down too, and no fever. I don't feel tired I just feel Great! I will take it easy today but If I feel this good tomorrow. Im going to start walking to get some kind of exercise starting in the am. Im so used to working and being busy.
Unread 08-04-2008, 08:12 AM

Hi smonroe....I'm glad that you are home and feeling much better now. I'm sorry that you had this set back. It can be scary when this happens.

Take care of yourself and don't over do it now that you are feeling better. So and easy even with your walking. You can always add more exercise as the days go on. I am a walker too, but took care not to get too far away from the house. I knew I had to go the same distance home that I walked away.

's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register