Bleeding after Intercourse | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding after Intercourse Bleeding after Intercourse

Unread 08-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Bleeding after Intercourse

Okay so I waited 6 months post -op to have intercourse. there was alot of blood....as if I were on my period. Then the cramps and pain was horrible. I had a complete and total abdominal hysterectomy in February. I am better 48 hours later but should this happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2011, 12:28 AM
Re: Bleeding after Intercourse

Hello Im having the same issue 3 months after I took advil all night my cramps have gotten less but my belly is all swollen again and very tender to touch . I feel scared as well not sure what is wrong Do you think we need to go to the doctor
Unread 08-15-2011, 02:45 AM

Girls, if it were me I would definitely get yourselves checked out by a doctor. We are told that apart from the first few weeks we shouldn't experience bleeding..... to me this would indicate something is wrong.

I hope all goes well

xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2011, 10:15 AM

1scared, this happened to me at 6 weeks postop and the pain and bleeding were from a tear in the vaginal cuff. The doctor immediately put me on antibiotics for infection. You need to go in and see your doctor sweetie.
Unread 08-15-2011, 08:37 PM

Hi me again so I went to the doctor again and he said that it is not uncommon for light bleeding after sex and cramps . he also said that tenderness and swelling are common based on daily activity depending on how much you do as the inside is tender and still healing . he said the pain in my bladder could be an infection so sent me for a sample I GUESS WE WILL FIND OUT SOON IM TAKING ANTI INFAMITORIES AT THE MOMENT TO EASE THE PAIN
Unread 08-16-2011, 07:04 PM

OK....I'm having the same problem. I was released by the Dr. to have sex on July 28. After intercourse I had bleeding and severe camps. I called the Dr. and they said it was normal. So after being released for 3 weeks now, I'm still experiencing bleeding and some pain during intercouse....I scheduled an appointmnet in Thursday. Has anyone been to the dr. yet and if so, what did he/she say??
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:04 PM

Hi they just keep saying its normal its normal ..... Grrr it doesnt feel normal to me and Im sure you either my cramps are very painful .Please let me know what your doctor says Thanks
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:15 PM

I think it would make you feel better if you just made an appt and got it checked. Not to scare you, but my cuff tore and needed surgical repair. I would get it checked out
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertySue View Post
I think it would make you feel better if you just made an appt and got it checked. Not to scare you, but my cuff tore and needed surgical repair. I would get it checked out
I went to the doctor the other day and asked he said its normal Im so frustrated , he sent me for a pee test since I have cramps as well , Thanks
Unread 08-19-2011, 06:05 AM

I went to the Dr yesterday he said that I had a polyp ( like a skin tag) on my incision. He used a silver nitrate stick to burn it off and pulled a little off then used another one. He said this happens when a stitch was pulled out ( of course my luck). I go back in 2 weeks for a follow up. Until then no sex If it doesn't heal on it own then I might have to have my incision redone. Let's all pray that doesn't have to happen!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register