Almost 3 months post-op & incision still "leaking" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Almost 3 months post-op & incision still "leaking" Almost 3 months post-op & incision still "leaking"

Unread 03-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Almost 3 months post-op & incision still "leaking"

I was just curious about if anyone else still has leakage from their incision? I went for my post-op appointment on February 15th and everything was fine. On February 22nd, I had to go back because my incision reopened on the right side. They tolf me that there was no sign of infection and that I needed to clean it with peroxide 2x daily. I did that, healed up, but now I am back to square one. This time it's just blood. Any suggestions??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 08:25 PM

Hi...I had TAH/BSO on March 5. My bikini line incision is still bleeding from the center. It looks like a coin slot. The blood flowing out is dark red and thick. My doctor says it is a hematoma draining. This still makes me nervouse because I feel like the incision should be well on its way to being healed. The hematoma that is draining is the result of violent vomiting my first night in the hospital. It forced blood where it didn't belong and now it's draining. Very frustrating! I was told to clean the wound/incision with Hydrogen Peroxide, make sure it's kept dry, and put a clean dressing over it (tape and a sanitary pad). This whole thing makes me feel like something is not right. Anyway, I'm on my second round of antibiotic Keflex to ward off infection which would make things worse. Tomorow is my doctor appt and I'll learn more I hope.
Unread 03-21-2007, 10:33 PM

Hi Amy,

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this! Please stay in close contact with your doctor about this and if you feel he or she is not doing all they can to help, don't hesitate to look for a doctor who can give you an explanation and some assistance. Sometimes your family doctor can be a good source for referrals or ideas.

I hope you find the answers you're looking for! Will you let us know what you find out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2007, 04:42 AM

hazeleyes

Oh heck ... this shouldn't be still happening at 3 months post-op. As ((movingforward)) says, you definitely need to keep in very close contact with your doctor. Tell him/her you did as suggested but it only worked temporarily.

Don't give it the chance to become infected ~ try to see someone as soon as possible. Take care.

Unread 03-26-2007, 06:58 AM
8 weeks & still leaking from incision

My incision opened 4 weeks after surgery to drain a hematoma and it is still leaking at 8 weeks. Doc drained it manually once a week to speed process (not fun) and last week put silver nitrate on it. Still have small amount of clear fluid on gauze. My belly still has swelling (esp end of day or after a walk) Pants are not even in the realm of possiblilty yet. Sorry you are dealing with this for so long...
Unread 03-26-2007, 09:39 AM

I had my surgery the same day and have the exact same situation going on. It seems that the bleeding is only happening at night when I am turning around in bed. My dr. has not put me on any antibiotics because I have not shown any signs or symptoms of infection. The problems I am having right now is that my blood presure is really low and I am really short of breath. In looking at some of the symptoms of having low estrogen having low blood presure as well as having a headache and shortness of breath so I am wonding if that is what is going on. I am going to the dr. tomorrow for him to check on the incision. We will see. Is anyone else having problems with low blood presure?
Unread 03-26-2007, 10:09 AM

I had surgery on the 20th. one ovary and the uterus removed. I came home feeling great but I'm now having shortness of breath and burning pain on my right side. Anyone else with this?
Unread 03-26-2007, 03:56 PM

I had really low blood pressure that kept me in the hospital a few extra days. I had a lot of bleeding and my blood count was low (plus a history of anemia). I had shortness of breath for the first 5 weeks. My body was using all it's energy to heal. I had to get up very slowly and take deep breaths as I did to keep from feeling faint. I am at 8 weeks now and not having those issues so it does get better. My incision does seem to leak more at night when I am on my side too...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register