Can husbands have HRT too? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can husbands have HRT too? Can husbands have HRT too?

Unread 11-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Can husbands have HRT too?

My husband has been grumpy and grouchy these past couple of weeks and I can't seem to say the right thing. Then one evening he said to me, "Can you look on that web site you're always on to see what alternatives to HRT you can take?" I asked why and he said it might make me feel better and give me more energy (I feel OK and have energy I'm not allowed to use!). Then I asked him why he's so moody and he said he's stressed out because he can't sleep, has no energy and can't cope with working full time and looking after the house and doing the shopping! Er - who needs the HRT most here? And - isn't that me who copes with working full time, looks after the house and family and does the shopping (without getting grouchy!). These men, they just can't handle it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2005, 02:43 PM

Hi! I am popping in with a and a link to an article about husbands! Husband doen't understand.

Best wishes and I hope this helps!
Unread 11-15-2005, 02:49 PM

I think they don't realize how much you do, until you are not doing it. I can guarantee pointing out to him that you normally work full time, take care of the house, take care of the family and do the shopping... won't help his mood.

Since there isn't an HRT prescription for husbands you will have to repeatedly tell him, how wonderful he is, how much you appreciate him...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2005, 03:58 PM

That has got to be one of the funniest things I have heard in a while, only because I wish that there was something that my DF could take in order to get him back on track.. The doc told me to take the over the counter Remifemin for mood swings, night sweats and hot flashes.. Does anyone know if there is some kind of suppliment that a man can take to help him with these same types of issues, I am tired of him telling me that I need to take more of my medicine, when he is acting worse off than I am.
Unread 11-15-2005, 05:23 PM

Quote:
I wish that there was something that my DF could take in order to get him back on track..
There sure is/are... the trick, though, is getting them to ask their DR for help. Progesterone and testosterone are routinely prescribed for men *of a certain age* who are in andropause. Two good books on the subject are "The Testosterone Syndrome: The Critical Factor for Energy, Health, & Sexuality -- Reversing the Male Menopause", by Dr. Eugene Shippen and William Fryer, and "The Andropause Mystery: Unraveling the Truths about the Male Menopause" by Dr. Robert S. Tan.

Unfortunately, it's no laughing matter... about a third of middle aged men experience symptoms of waning hormone levels such as mood swings, hot flashes, and low libido. And it's NO FUN when they choose OUR recovery time in which to do it!

-Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register