How many of you? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How many of you? How many of you?

Unread 08-15-2007, 03:41 PM
How many of you?

I'm new and not sure if this is the right spot to post, but have any of you ladies been denied by your insurance company (for any reason) to have the hysterectomy?

I had Novasure (EA) done June of 2006 and the cramping has gotten worse. I had cramping before but this is like stabbing pains that I get atleast a week before my period. When I saw my gyne in June of 2006 he said that if this doesn't work than a hysterectomy is the only option. I can't do birth control pills because of high blood pressure.

So I just recently went to see the gyne and he said that the Novasure was a failed one and the LSH was the next alternative. He performed an ultrasound because he thought that my problem was my ovaries. The ultrasound didn't show anything. I am completely fine with a hyster, I am 32 years old, have two young boys and had my tubes tied after my youngest one.

I know this is long but I am going in this coming Monday for a uterine biopsy and to talk more about the LSH and I'm assuming to schedule the surgery.

I do feel personally that this is my last option. I just want to know if anyone had problems with insurance.

thanks
steph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 10:10 PM
How many of you?

Hi Steph

I'm sorry the EA didn't work for you and you're facing a hysterectomy. But, you have come to the right place and we're always here for you!

I didn't personally have any insurance issues because I had my surgery in a military hospital and it's a little different than our civilian counterparts. It is true that some women have problems with insurance authorizing their surgery, but many women don't have a problem at all.

Sometimes it can just be a coding problem and sometimes the insurance company wants you to try less invasive or alternative options first. It sounds like you've already begun that. There are a number of reasons insurances companies may not authorized a procedure, but it certainly varies from company to company, coverage you have, etc.

Try not to worry too much about it....yet. Between your insurance and your doctor's office, they will know what to do.

I hope your biopsy goes well on Monday. Let us know how it goes!

s, Deb
Unread 08-15-2007, 11:51 PM
How many of you?

Yep. I was denied and cried like a little girl. Then I got mad. Two and a half years of dr visits and bleeding was ENOUGH. My insurance wanted me to have another uterine biopsy (yeah...when pigs fly!), Novasure, try to remove the fibroids and a D and C before they would approve my hyst. I enlisted the liason for the insurance, got all my records to show all my visits and the angel at my gyns office resubmitted everything. The next day, the insurance backed down and I got my approval.

There was no way in you know what that I was submitting my body to another four procedures when I knew what I needed to have done.

Hang in and get MAD and refuse to take NO for an answer.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register