Does your uterus cramp up? Wierd! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does your uterus cramp up? Wierd! Does your uterus cramp up? Wierd!

Unread 08-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Does your uterus cramp up? Wierd!

Funny but until about 2 weeks ago, until I was told how huge my uterus was, I never had any knowledge that there was a problem----I never had bleeding in between periods, never had any pain, never felt my huge 22 cm uterus inside me- never knew it was there!
But sinse I "found out" and had the surgery scheduled- suddenly I can feel it? What is this- the power of suggestion??? When I was laying on the couch today, I suddenly felt a tightening up in my uterus1 Not pain, just a squeezing, like a cramp without pain----like a braxten hicks contraction....I reached down and pushed on my abdomin and I felt a big hard ball in there!
Whats up with THAT! Later it relaxed......but how wierd was THAT? Anyone else ever have that?
And how come I have the hugest uterus and fibroids on this board and I am the only one with no symptoms or pain or bleeding? I have normal-but heavy- periods every 20 days on the button. Why? Why? Why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 05:05 PM

my uterus is not as large as yours but I feel that very thing from time to time. I read sometimes it not the size of the uterus and fibroids, but how your body handles it that matters, but you would think it would be size. I have always had irregular periods but like you didnt feel the tightening till just recently.
Unread 08-15-2007, 05:22 PM

I'm like you NewWoman - I didn't have any idea that something was going on until 3 weeks before my surgery. Always had regular periods, no pain,no in-between bleeding or nothing. When my obgyn told my I had a 20 cm. fibroid I was floored ! I didn't feel a thing different going on down there - I thought they were all crazy. The NP told me at my pre-op appt. where the fibroid was and she even pressed on my abdomen. Only then did I really believe them. I mean I had felt nothing prior to that nothing! Then, of course like you say the power of suggestion and I felt it every time I moved. But, that bad boy is gone now!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2007, 07:09 AM

I never felt my uterus or fibroid either, that is until I had my yearly pap and my GP found them both.

Well, it's really obvious now that I know! I used to be a belly sleeper but the past year or so I haven't slept on my belly because it's been uncomfortable. When I lay on my belly now I can feel a heartbeat in there - even DH could feel it when I placed his hand there. We could even kind of feel the shape.
Unread 08-16-2007, 08:15 AM

NewWoman - You asked WHY? I'm asking then reverse WHY? Why am I having all this pain, bleeding every period and my uterus is only 6cm and no fibriods? It is really frustrating. I'm beginning to think that everyone, even my GYN thinks I'm making it up!
Unread 08-16-2007, 08:50 AM

Thank you so much for your post! It is exactly what I am going through. My uterus is 16cm with 3 tennis ball size fibroids. Only found this out because I was bleeding in between periods. Now that has stopped and my periods are regular but heavy (despite being on bc pills) I've been floating through this website since June when my ob/gyn suggested the hyst. I was feeling guilty because I didn't have the pain and cramping most women described. Now that I know what I've been "growing" I'm feeling all kinds of wierd "spasms". Do you think an enlarged uterus could cause symptoms like acid reflux?
Unread 08-16-2007, 09:04 AM

Absolutely. Everything in there is pressing on everything else. There's only so much room! I had acid reflux some, but mine was pressing the other way -- on my bladder!

I think all of us that haven't/didn't have pain with the fibroids is pretty lucky. My twin had fibroids about 5 years ago and she was in severe pain! I'm glad that I didn't go through that.
Unread 08-16-2007, 10:57 AM

I have lots of acid reflux,,,thought at first it was because I needed to drop some pounds - not that that wouldn't hurt but....
I had acid reflux when I was pregnant with both of my kids so that only makes sense to me.
I also have some bathroom issues that should be resolved once that stuff is removed.
Unread 08-16-2007, 11:17 AM

Dropping the pounds...yeah I got some I need to drop too if anybody out there wants 'em...

I won't be stingy....I'll share !!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register