Sex...finally sex...and huh? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex...finally sex...and huh? Sex...finally sex...and huh?

Unread 12-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Sex...finally sex...and huh?

I am stunned...we got the ok from doc today...and we finally made love.
I was keeping an open mind and knew it would feel different but this is weird-
we both miss my cervix!
Oddly, it came down just enough to "feel" it- now he said he the vagina feels "bottomless". He didn't say it to be hurtful, we are very open and honest with each other.
I know what he means, because I feel the same way.

never thought I would miss my cervix of all things.
Anyone else have this experience? Does this feeling go away?

Also, we used KY Jelly and never had a problem before. This time, afterwards, I felt like I was on fire there but without it, I am very dry.
Now what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Re: Sex...finally sex...and huh?

Well all I can say...is I miss my cervix too, I don't know if it goes away or not...I have only had sex once..and technically haven't been cleared yet....maybe we can both let each other know if/when we stop missing our cervix...gee that is a sentance I never thought I would write!

If you feel burning after sex it could be you are allergic to the KY...or an infection or ??? maybe you should have a check up just to be sure....since my surgery I have had 2 bacterial infections, found out from this site that it could be due to a hormonal imbalance...better to be safe than sorry!

Good Luck!

Oh one more thing..how lucky you are that your honey...is so wonderful and honest....

HUGS
Unread 12-04-2009, 07:29 PM

That area hasn't been used for awhile so naturally it will be a bit sore. As for him saying it is different the whole experience would have been different, approaching sex after hyster is a whole new game, full of worries and concerns. For myself there is no noticeable or distressing difference in my orgasms, I am single so have only had intercourse a couple of times but it was fine, (plenty of orgasms though by myself) though of course I was wary of intercourse and remain so, I am nowhere near as casual as I once was because my emotional state is way different just now regarding my body.....Our major sex organ is our brain. Men often agree with us like parrots, if he had said there is no difference maybe you would have been offended...............I don't believe there is any difference for men, at all, unless we ourselves are different in our behaviour which at first of course we are. My way of saying, give it time it seems to me it should be fine...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2009, 09:39 PM

MonCherie -

I absolutely missed mine and I will tell you over time it has become okay and the new normal. It took awhile but I guess our brains start to forget what it used to feel like, I don't know but doesn't feel as different now.

G
Unread 12-04-2009, 11:16 PM

I still have another 10 days before I can have intercourse. I have had one orgasm (while sleeping!) I stilll have my cervix so I won't be able to compare notes. But what I did want you to know is that I've *always* had to use lubrication. It will eventually just become part of the foreplay.
Unread 12-04-2009, 11:33 PM

Me and my husband have been counting down the days until we get the doctor's okay. I hit my 6 week mark on Dec 8th but couldn't get an appointment until the 17th. My libido seems to be through the ROOF, which is VERY frustrating to have to wait. We too, are very open and honest with each other and he has been so supportive through this whole ordeal. I have SO MANY mixed emotions! I am excited and TERRIFIED at the same time. What if I don't feel good to him anymore? What if it hurts? What if I don't have pleasure anymore? These things scare me as we have always had a very happy intimate life.
Unread 12-05-2009, 05:52 AM

Well, we discussed it further and he said all that I have read here "it's just different and we will adapt like we always do with anything"...then that made me cry- and he thought he said the wrong thing.
I am not a crier, so that is new to both of us too- the emotions.
The funny thing is afterward in my head I was thinking "whew, I am glad THAT was over", meaning that "first time" after. I was soooo worried, which I also don't do LOL
Sometimes, I still feel so alien to myself, but I try to look at it as yet another adventure.
As for the lube, I have never had to use it before, but now I am finding myself very dry, almost irritatingly. I talked to doc yesterday when I went for the 6 week check and he said to give it a little time, then we will try other things, like estrogen therapy. I also have night sweats bad, then hot flashes during the day.
I also got cleared to travel, which is fantastic, in time for the holidays.
Hang in there ladies- we have made it through the roughest
Unread 12-05-2009, 07:16 AM

It does get better!!! Just try and be patient.... I too had never had to use lube but we did---- now at 6 months, we don't need to anymore! It did feel wierd/different but now, we (DH and me) think that there isn't a difference...
In the beginning it was like starting all over again- we just took it slow.... now that the first time is over, maybe you can try and relax more....
good luck!! I do know, it does get better!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register