dVH/RALH Feeling MUCH better today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling MUCH better today Feeling MUCH better today

Unread 07-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Feeling MUCH better today

Best advice I can give regarding gas pains...heating pad application, walking around, and allowing yourself to take a stronger pain med to help relax! Once I settled back down on my behind and applied the heating pad, and took a pain med to be more comfortable...the abdominal muscles relaxed, the gas passed, and I woke up feeling more like my pre-surgery self! I am still in slow motion....but not dreading getting up and down or rolling over in bed today.

Found myself feeling a little anxious and light-headed if I was on my feet for two long. Has anyone noticed that before? Making a point to take frequent breaks between walking around.....and trying to lie down in bed and rest even if I don't feel sleepy.

Feel like my husband is pressuring me to get up and out too soon. He wants to take a 3 hour ride in his truck up to the cabin. Once there I will rest, perhaps go out to dinner...but am a bit nervous about bumping my way up and back in the truck. Am I being paranoid about that?

I feel pretty good, but worry about traveling so much.

Any advice or experience with this is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Re: Feeling MUCH better today

I'm about 12 days out and took a 40 min ride yesterday. The ride wasn't so bad- had a pillow btw me and the belt. But once I got to my destination I could not get comfortable which shortened my stay a little.
Most of my time has been spent in my recliner with breaks to get up and walk. Today I think I'll actually venture out down the sidewalk.

Follow what your body is telling you. I know that a couple hours of being uncomfortable wAs TOTALLY worth getting out of the house. We have a cabin up north in Michigan and I know that while it maynot be home sweet home I just love listening to the waves on the beach and that may he worth a bit a discomfort in travel.

If you decide to Take a pain pill a bit before you go, grab you tummy pillow and let DH do the driving. Just as long as he knows you are up there to RELAX not clean cook and the rest

I'm not quite ready for the travel yet so let us know what you do ... I must admit I'm a but jealous
Unread 07-26-2011, 08:12 AM
Re: Feeling MUCH better today

wow! 3 hour car ride? My Dr wont allow me in a car at all for 2 weeks for fear of what can happen if theres an accident or stopped short.. she wont even give me the go ahead for the movies, 2 miles down the road,! As far as feeling light headed listen to your body.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register