I would appreciate any info on recovery time | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I would appreciate any info on recovery time I would appreciate any info on recovery time

Unread 05-06-2002, 09:09 AM
I would appreciate any info on recovery time

Hello, I'm new here, and so far it looks like an awesome site!
I have a question regarding recovery time from a TAH. I have liver disease and fibromyalgia
and was wondering if any other sisters have had a muscle disorder to which they had and combined with this type of surgery. I have had other surgeries in the past..but nothing of this magnitude, and I know that it brought out my muscle disease to the forefront!
Any information would be much appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Mel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2002, 09:52 AM

Welcome to Hyster Sisters, Melody I'm so happy you found us.

Regarding coping with fibromyalgia while recovering from a hyst, there are several women posting on this site who have had a hyst and also have fibro. Hopefully, they'll come along soon. In the meantime, you can do a "Search" (It's one of those little purplish/buish buttons at the top of the Message Boards) on "fibro*" and you'll see this subject has been discussed often.

Initial recovery from a TVH or TAH is 6 to 8 weeks. At that time, you'll be released to s-l-o-w-l-y resume your normal activities. However, full recovery takes between 6 months to a full year.

Wishing you the best of luck on your upcoming surgery. We'll be with you every step of the way.
Unread 05-06-2002, 11:35 AM

Hi, Melody! I wanted to join Dany in welcoming you to HysterSisters--best site on the web! I don't have any personal experience with fibromyalgia, either, but I guess that is something to discuss with your dr and ask whether it might lengthen your recovery. You will be up taking short easy walks the day after surgery, and it is important to continue those short walks as you recover, to keep lungs and digestive system working well. But you will have to ask your dr about how fast to increase your activities after that. It took me the full 8 weeks for initial recovery, and I didn't have any other disease to cope with (though I did have a fibroid cut from a ligament near my hip joint that caused groin pain and leg numbness). Feel free to ask any questions you have, and read as much as you can here. Click on the 3 princesses at the top of the page to find the pull-down menus for Ladies in Waiting. s and best wishes!
Ruthie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2002, 02:47 PM

Melody! Welcome to Hystersisters!

I have Fibromyalgia too....and I must say that the best thing I ever did for myself was to walk as soon as I received the okay from my Dr. I made sure I walked the castle halls as much as I felt able - and I truly believe this helped my recovery.

I agree with ((((Dany & Ruthie)))) that you should discuss your Fibro with your Dr. I tried to bring it up with my Gyn., and he really didn't have much information...so I then spoke to my Rheumatologist. I think recovery is a little longer for us Fibro gals...so please don't be dismayed if it takes you a couple more weeks to feel stronger...then some of the other sisters.

I also noticed that you will be keeping your ovaries. This 'should' benefit you somewhat. When I had my LAVH/BSO due to Endo, I wasn't allowed to start HRT for approx 3 months, and that's when I noticed the Fibro pain to be at its worse. Estrogen really helps in that department....

I want to wish you all the best...and come here often to ask questions and for support! Also feel free to e-mail me anytime. Sending you many 'S
Unread 05-06-2002, 09:19 PM
Thanks...:)

Thanks to all who replyed to my post. I'm not quite if I'll be keeping my ovaries as of yet,
but that will hopefully be the final outcome of the surgery. I have 2 cysts on both of my ovaries,
so this will be determined at the time of surgery.
I will not be allowed to take any hormones either way due to my liver problem...this scares the dickens out of me! I don't want to be a monster! lol.
I will however take the advice of getting up and walking as soon as I'm able. Sometimes I use a walker to help me get around..I think this will be a definate item I pack up for my stay in hospital.
Thanks again so much for your support..it's great to know I'm not alone. It's a true comfort.
Hugs and best wishes to all!!
Melody
P.s. If anyone has any liver problems out there I would be more than happy to help answer your questions or concerns.

Cheers,
Mel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register